Author Topic: Lovin' the 20ga USH!!Hog's aren't!  (Read 810 times)

Offline ranchand99

• Trade Count: (0)
Lovin' the 20ga USH!!Hog's aren't!
« on: August 07, 2006, 04:53:12 PM »
 Well I got lucky on my first trip out with the 20ga USH.Took this earless hog!First ever for me to see something freaky like this.It had no ears,or ear canals,just smooth skin,and thin hair where the ears should be.The light grey area right under my hand is where the ear should be.

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
Re: Lovin' the 20ga USH!!Hog's aren't!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 01:29:17 AM »
 :o That is freaky... Then again I can't decipher the face of the animal either ;D Good huting to you. How far was the shot? From a stand? What ammo did you use?
 The USH are as accurate as a Slug Gun could ever be, I still am looking myself to purchase one. Thanks for sharing the pics.
-Aaron

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 08:10:05 AM »
Congratulations ranchand99! I'm glad you are liking that new 20. What slug did you use, Rem copper solids?

Are you sure you didn't shoot the ears off'n that hog? ;D

Should be some good eating anyways. What State are you from? Wish we had a few of them hogs running 'round up here in Michigan, I love pork.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline ranchand99

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 04:15:05 PM »
I'm from Ga.I shot her with the rem. copper solids.I did make a hasty shot,and hit about 2 1/2" too far back,just did miss the lungs.The shot was 15yds on the ground...My friend made a quick follow up shot,and he took her hat off for her. :-[

myarmor...I have a close up graphic photo of the head if you'd like to see it.You can better see what I'm talking about.I wish I had gotten one of these 20ga USH's sooner.