Author Topic: Question for my friend Quicktdoo  (Read 296 times)

Offline Zachary

• Trade Count: (0)
Question for my friend Quicktdoo
« on: August 20, 2006, 03:17:17 AM »
Hey Tim,

I appreciate your help on the rings and bases for the CZ.  I went ahead and already ordered them.  Here's the problem..if it is a problem:  I bought the rings in gloss because the scope that I was planning  on buying is in gloss.  However, I contacted Jon at the opticzone recently and I decided to buy a Weaver Classic Rimfire 3x-9x-33 (or maybe 32) AO, and this scope only comes in matte.  So, okay, I'm ordering 1" medium MATTE Burris Signature Zee rings from Jon, but now I have to decide what to do with the gloss rings that I ordered.

I have a Nikon Gloss scope that I can mount on either a Sako Deluxe or a Tikka Deluxe.  So here's the question - do you know of any bases that will fit the Sako or Tikka AND the Burris rings?  If not, then I have a problem because I have new gloss rings and don't know what to do with them - unless I buy another blued gun.

Thanks,
Zachary

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Question for my friend Quicktdoo
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 05:22:22 AM »
Hi Zachary,

I'm not familiar with either rifle, but a little research tells me that if the Sako Deluxe is a model 75, a pair of Weaver #85 bases fit and will work with the Burris Sig Zees.

Hope this helps,

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Zachary

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 03:10:22 PM »
Tim,

Not familiar with a Tikka or Sako?????

Myyyyyyyy goodness.  When I win the lottery, remind me to buy you every cartridge in each Tikka and Sako. :D

You have been deprived my friend. ;)

I'll take a quick looksie at the websites and perhaps call them tomorrow if I get a chance.

Zachary

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 03:20:03 PM »
Zachary,

I didn't say I'd never heard of em, just never had the need for one, I'm kinda like Matthew Quigley, I guess!! The only bolt rifles I've ever owned are rimfires with the exception of an A3-03 when I was a teen. Everything else I've had was either pump, levergun or single shot. ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain