Author Topic: Tuarus Gunsmithing question  (Read 387 times)

Offline Troggy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Tuarus Gunsmithing question
« on: August 17, 2006, 06:50:52 PM »
This may be a very stupid question so if it is pardon me. Is there anything a gunsmith can do to a Tracker to make it more reliable? Any parts inside that can be replaced to make it stronger? I hear that most Tuarus guns just have to go back to Tuarus for ANY parts. I have no problem with mine now( I hear alotta people have) I was just wondering if I could have some "tweeking" done on it like some smiths do with Rugers. Only thing that may or may not be wrong on mine is there is a slight "ring" around the cylinder and I have only fired about 50 rounds through it. The cylinder lock(I think thats what it is) seems to fall back onto the cylinder just after it disingauges it making the "ring". Im not sure if it's a big deal or if that's just how it's designed. Every thing else on it is good. Cylinder locks up very tight,bore looks good and all chambers line up to bore. Im just wondering if there is any custom smithing that can be done to make it "solid" OR if there is any reason  to have that done.

Offline DWTim

• Contributor
Re: Tuarus Gunsmithing question
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 08:08:22 PM »
Well, now I feel guilty. I think I helped give you Taurus-o-phobia. If it works, then it works.

The drag line is normal wear. All my revolvers have one.

It may take a while, but I'm sure someone will have parts for it eventually.

Honestly, she's not even broken in yet with 50 rounds. Let's see how she does after 1,000 or 2,000 rounds. :)

Offline ed1921

• Avid Poster
Re: Tuarus Gunsmithing question
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 04:02:23 PM »
The only tweaking your gun needs now is to run a coupla hundred more rounds through it. ;)
you may be surprised how the accuracy increases after you get used to it.