Author Topic: NEF Pardner or H&R Topper barebones models questions.  (Read 1021 times)

Offline ChiefAutoParts

• Trade Count: (0)
NEF Pardner or H&R Topper barebones models questions.
« on: August 24, 2006, 09:13:42 AM »
I'm more of a "lurker" than a poster, but I know what to do when I need some questions answered.
What are the differences between the Pardner and the Topper singleshot shotguns?  Is one any better or worse than the other? The only noticable difference I see is the fore end a little looks different. 
What chokes come in those two models? I noticed that they both shoot 3 inchers. Anything else I should know befroe considering one of these models? (used.)  Thanks. 
Aim small, miss small.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Re: NEF Pardner or H&R Topper barebones models questions.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 01:08:46 PM »
As far as I can tell the differences between the standard topper and the standard topper are purely cosmetic. If they are newer used guns there is no difference. They come from the same factory off the same assembly line. The older H&Rs can't be fit with accessory barrels if that is a concern. Chokes on the older ones were fixed usually mod or full. One of the things that I liked about the older modeles is the 28" barrels in 20 ga and .410.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
Re: NEF Pardner or H&R Topper barebones models questions.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 05:56:22 AM »
The only real diffrence is that the Partner is the plain-jane model and the Topper is a little nicer model , both use the same barrel / action assembly .

The Topper comes with the sliver / nickel frame and has a better bluing job , and in most cases better looking wood .

This may help some .

http://www.hr1871.com/Firearms/Shotguns/pardnerYouth.aspx
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped