Author Topic: young at heart, but eyes are slipping.....  (Read 305 times)

Offline tck

• Trade Count: (0)
young at heart, but eyes are slipping.....
« on: August 23, 2006, 09:40:29 AM »
It started off slowly, just needing reading glasses when the lights were dim.  Now I'm struggling to see my bowsites and to top it off I can't adjust my rifle scope so the crosshairs and subject are both in focus.  If I put my reading glasses on they are both in focus.  The red dot site on my .22 seems to be OK for now.  ( do they make red dot sites for centerfire rifles?)  What do you other older
guys do to make up for this problem?  I think I'm going to take my reading glasses hunting with me.....

Offline Dave in WV

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: young at heart, but eyes are slipping.....
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 02:44:11 PM »
Try to refocus the scope. If you do, check the zero afterwards. I like a heavier reticle for hunting big game.
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: young at heart, but eyes are slipping.....
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 03:14:46 PM »
Try a different scope, I've noticed that scopes that worked well for me a few years ago, don't now, and it seems to be getting more so with several scopes I have. There was a discussion about this very topic on another forum, not all scopes are equally good about this for old eyes, in fact, I have a like new MuellerTacII that the original owner had the same problem, but it works fine for me, great scope btw, the equal to a Leupold VX-III in my comparisons.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain