Author Topic: Holster material  (Read 386 times)

Offline Steve in Michigan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Holster material
« on: August 22, 2006, 06:38:28 AM »
Forgive me if this has been asked 100 times before. I have a Para Ordnance with the Para-Kote finish. What would be the best holster material for it and any blued gun? The choices would be leather, lined leather, nylon or the various plastic holsters (Fobus/Uncle Mike's, etc? Please tell me why you prefer one over the other and explain why and any technical information you might have. Otherwise if you can direct me to the threads that apply to this subject, that would be just fine.

Thanks,

Steve

Offline Savage

Re: Holster material
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 01:55:38 PM »
I have holsters both in leather and kydex for the handguns that I carry frequently. I don't worry about holster wear on carry guns. My guns are all stainless or tenifer finish and are quite durable. My game guns have been drawn from kydex many hundreds of times without appreciable holster wear. Leather is my choice for carry, and kydex for duty or games.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline jhm

Re: Holster material
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 12:04:12 PM »
I prefere leather, and the ones that used to be the easiest on the blueing were the Elk suede lined ones, they were thicker and heavier than the plain ones, and as already stated your daily carry gun is going to get some wear and tear its to be expected ;D  JIM