Author Topic: Disappearing posts  (Read 302 times)

Offline Zachary

• Trade Count: (0)
Disappearing posts
« on: August 25, 2006, 05:06:16 PM »
For some of you who have asked, for some reason some of the posts seem to disappear.  No, I did not delete them.  I spoke to GB some time ago about one particular deletion and, to the best of my recollection, it was some kind of an issue related to the server and/or software program that we are using.  As such, for some reason or another, posts seem to get deleted, erased, etc.  So for those of you who are asking me as the moderator if I deleted them because you may have said or done something wrong, that is not the case.  If I do delete or erase a particular post because of said reasons, then, believe me, you will know - especially when you receive a PM from me.

In the meantime, just know that none of you have said or done anything wrong. ;)

Zachary

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Disappearing posts
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 05:16:26 PM »
Sumpin going on I've not heard about? On the Optics Discussion forum only Zach, me or Matt should be deleting posts. Now Matt has set some Moderators as Global Moderators and they actually CAN but are not supposed to do so unless some gross rule violation happens.

ALL deleted posts and threads go to the Trash Can not into cyper space. So any moderator can look there and see if a post they are missing is there. IF so I can move it back at your request.

If it's not in the Trash Can then it never was on the site to begin with. You cannot make one just go away no matter what you do. Moderators can move posts to other forums or delete but delete is really only a move to the trash can.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!