Author Topic: Burris posilock  (Read 369 times)

Offline TreyAzagthoth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Burris posilock
« on: August 26, 2006, 11:58:18 AM »
is the posilock worth the extra 30$ or so? anyone have anything bad or good to say about them?
I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?"
Well, to tell the truth I shoot a Springfield XD so it doesnt really matter.

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
Re: Burris posilock
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 12:01:59 PM »
I only have expierence with one posi-loc scope. I have it on a XP-100 handgun.
I know the idea behind it but it seems like a solution without a problem. It does make sighting in a new scope/handgun more time consuming

Offline Dave in WV

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 04:30:04 AM »
I have a Burris scope with the Posi-loc and it works. If you don't buy a scope with Posi-Loc Burris uses two bias springs. The reason for Posi-Loc or two bias springs is Burris uses brass to make the erector tube which is heavier. I also have a Pentax Lightseeker scope and they are basically a Burris scope with Pentax supplied lens. Neither have given me any problems. I'm a klutz so the Posi-Loc keeps me with a good zero if I trip and fall.  ::)
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein

Offline Zachary

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 06:31:05 AM »
It's a gimmick.  Look at Leupold and other quality scopes - do they have something similar to posi-lock?  No, of course not.

I have used Leupold Vari-X IIIs, VX-IIIs, Elite 4200s and 3200s, Nikon Monarchs and Pre-Monarchs, and even Burris Black Diamonds without posi-lock.  I have never had any problems with them.

Keep in mind that my Elite 3200 sits on top of a .375H&H Mag!  This scope has help up perfectly!

Forget about Posi-lock - it's a joke.

Zachary