Author Topic: Washington State hunting  (Read 809 times)

Offline Doc Contender

• Trade Count: (0)
Washington State hunting
« on: July 03, 2006, 12:40:11 AM »
Found out this weekend that my son-in-law is being sent to Port Angeles Coast Guard Station. How hard is it to get big game tags for non residents in the State of Washington?

Offline Dave H20 Fowl

Re: Washington State hunting
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 02:32:58 PM »
I know this post is kinda old , but here goes.  It depends on what you want, elk and deer are primarily over the counter.  However, non-resident tags are spendy, I think military personel that are stationed in washington meet the resident requirements immediatly, no time requirements. 

Offline salmonclubber

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 08:00:46 PM »
hello doc

maybe you know by now that your son is going to be stationed in one of the best hunting and fishing spots in washington state port angles is on the olympic peninsula and there are several rivers and saltwater fishing oprotunites for salmon halibut and rockfish around hunting for deer and elk we have some of the best hunting in the state last year there where some real nice bull elk taken in the solduc unit and a record bull taken by a muzzle loader i just cant say enough about hunting and fishing in our neck of the woods here on the peninsula i hope he takes full advantage of his outdoors here in washington
dogtuk

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 08:20:54 PM »
For anyone interested, the regs can be downloaded at the WDFW web site...here's the almost 5Mb big game regs file.

Tim

http://wdfw.wa.gov/wlm/game/hunter/huntregs2006.pdf
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain