Author Topic: NEW 7MM-08  (Read 423 times)

Offline FATTTTDADDY

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
NEW 7MM-08
« on: September 02, 2006, 11:26:59 AM »
  i just picked up a new 7mm-08 today.i want to set this rifle right the first time ant advice? i have an old redfield tracker i plan to use with weaver quad locks. ;D

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
Re: NEW 7MM-08
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 12:04:10 PM »
Mostyl what you already know...just make sure all is snug and secure, then give her a good boresighting, and you should be good to go. A thorough cleaning and bore polish never hurts either 8)
Not real sure bout ammo for the 7-08 as I don't recall many here mentioning what theirs liked. But you can always go for some of the tried and true, like Fusion, and Winchester Nosler Silvertips. Most of my Handi's like these and the Power-Shocks out of all other offerings, no matter what caliber. Just good factory ammo.
http://www.midwayusa.com/ebrowse.exe/browse?TabID=3&Categoryid=7947&categorystring=653***690***
-Aaron

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 12:27:47 PM »
Most report the Rem 140gr as shooting well in the 7-08, I haven't shot mine yet, but I have those plus the 140gr Fusion to shoot in it when I get it fitted.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 01:00:01 PM »
Congratulations !!!

Nice caliber!!! Many have said its about THE PERFECT caliber for medium sized big game.

I have had one since they cam out in the early 1980's!! Shot many a good deer, you will love it!!

CW

"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.