Author Topic: Weights and measures  (Read 376 times)

Offline pshaw

• Trade Count: (0)
Weights and measures
« on: September 08, 2006, 05:31:02 AM »
I once had a H&R 30-30 that I traded off.  I remember how much I liked that little rifle which weighed about 5 1/2 pounds.  I wanted to get another but find the barrels about the outer dimensions of a shotgun.  Weight about 7 1/2 pounds.  Not what I had in mind.

I also had a H&R 12 gauge I used until the forearm litterly fell apart.  I would like to replace that one but will someone tell me the weight of a 12 Ga Pardner with a 22" barrel.  Also the 20 Ga. and is the 20 heavier then the 12 with NEFs habit of making most outer diminsions the same.

Thanks in advance

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Re: Weights and measures
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 03:25:08 PM »
I stepped on the scale holding my 12ga, 22" and it weighed 6# more.  So, 6#.  If you want a 22"12ga you will have to send in a receiver and have it fitted.  Those are Mod. choke.  Or, you could buy one off the rack at the store and have it cut down, but you would loose the choke.  I have never seen a youth 12ga...22" in a store.  I got mine by having it fitted at the factory.
cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline pshaw

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 04:17:51 PM »
Thanks for the info Cookieman.  Now that you menationed it I've never seen a 22" 12 gauge in a store either.  That 12 Ga H&R I had weighed 5 pounds 8 ounces and would thump you pretty good in the recoil department.  I used to stock up on 1 ounce #6 loads when I could find them to keep the recoil down some.  It had a 28" modified barrel and the old snap on forearms that didn't last too long.

Now if anyone could give us the weight on the 22" 20 gauge it would help me with some decisions. 

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 08:38:24 AM »
Happens that I have one of those, too.  It's a full youth model with the straight stock and weighs 5 1/2 #.  I am quessiin' the 12ga is nearly the same weight, but my scale just isn't calibrated for that fine of increments.  Hope this helps.
cookie
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline pshaw

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 12:02:40 PM »
Thank you Cookieman.