Author Topic: Obtuse Humor  (Read 1154 times)

Offline xraze

• Trade Count: (0)
Obtuse Humor
« on: September 15, 2006, 05:32:38 AM »
Headin in to work today I was sitting at a red lite crossing a big intersection in Boise.  There's a new Starbucks on this corner, and I've been thinking to myself since it has opened, how the H***! are they making the rent payment sellin' coffee on this prime corner real estate lot that has changed hands several times in the last few years?  Ask and you shall receive!  Serpentined around the building today were 8-9 brand new (within 2 yrs) pretty Escalades; Yukons; Range Rovers; (Suv's) without a speck of dirt on any of them.  Oh yeah: they also had those KOOL 20 something inch chrome wheels too!!!  Here's the killer!! Are ya ready!!  Guess what types were piloting these rigs?  Twenty something, mostly blonds with 200 dollar hairdoos with cell phones stuck in their ears! Unbelievable!  Now I understand the rent check equation!  Just to drive the point home as I was walking across the parking lot to get to my JOB; I hear tires barking as someone is coming into the lot way too hot!. I turn and wa la!  Big red Yukon; gorgeous mag rims; Spotless; I have to giggle. She rips up to the front of the lot, parks where she's not supposed too (ya know the close parking spots should be for the patients of the Dr.s offices where I work).   She dismounts the rig with cell phone goin' in one hand and closes the door to the rig with her hip 'cause she's got the telltale steamin' paper cup in the other hand!!!   ;D  Gotta love it!!!

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: Obtuse Humor
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 01:29:18 AM »
I hate 'Starsucks'!  Their coffee taste like diesel fuel to me and it's priced even higher than real diesel fuel.  But what really pi$$es me off is that they have shown the other coffee retailers like Dunkin Doughnuts that they can get away with charging $3.00 for a dang cup of coffee.  >:(
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline countryroads

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 01:25:02 PM »
They just opened up a Starbuck's here in Clarksburg, West Virginia.  Yep you heard me right....West Virginia!  I figured that the last thing WV needed was a four dollar cup of coffee.  That's a significant percentage of the gross state product!   Weird, but the Escalades, BMWs, Hummers, and Lexuses are showing up there by the tens.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 01:22:38 PM »
  I like the name Steve Doocy of Fox News calls it..." Four-bucks "...LOL
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 03:02:59 PM »
A friend advised me to invest in Starbucks several years ago, I took his advice and made a token investment.  Today I wish I had hocked the farm and invested it all.  The return has been quite good.  Now, everyone go out and buy a cup of java from them tomorrow, I need all the help I can get.

What is really strange to me, Starbucks is selling like crazy in France and several other European countries.   Having lived in Europe for a number of years I didn't think that would be possible, to me the coffe there was much better than Starbucks.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 11:47:55 AM »
   Possibly a difference in taste Rock..i didn't like European coffee.
  Can't make a blanket statement though, there is quite a variety there..

Much of the Euro stuff tastes like our "special roast"...which I think is really .." Oh, oh ..we burned it again !"...LOL
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)