Author Topic: Squirrel Hunting & Recipes  (Read 611 times)

Offline hazey

• Trade Count: (1)
Squirrel Hunting & Recipes
« on: August 28, 2006, 11:07:40 AM »
Went out to scout for the archery deer season, and got a squirrel with my Pardner 20GA that I picked up used this spring.  I' new to hunting and very new to guns so this was my first kill with a gun and it was with my Pardner.  Great time!!! Stewed him up with some potatos, carrots, canned tomatos, garlic & onions.  The Squirrel was good, but I think I will use a different base or spices next time.  Anybody care to share their bushytail recipes?

Hope this luck keeps up for the Deer season when I bring out the Handi .243

Cheers,
Pete

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Squirrel Hunting & Recipes
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 11:21:28 AM »
Check out the Wild Game Recipes forum near the bottom of the index page.

Tim

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/smf/index.php/board,66.0.html
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline John020769

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 10:03:30 AM »
Season opens in Mi Sept. 15 can`t wait to get back out there, I just fry them in flour & onion ,salt & pepper the flour and onion that is left in pan put on bread like gravy............John ;D

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 04:07:15 PM »
All I do is put into the crock pot, some beef gravy, sliced onion, some sliced carrots, and one bag of dry onion soup mix.
Let it cook all day and by dinnertime, I don't care who you are, that's tasty!  ;D
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline Rustyinfla

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 01:10:34 AM »

My grandmother used to fry them. then she would make a white gravy on them and simmer for quite a while. then she'd pick the bones out and serve it over biscuits. that was the sweetest gravy I ever tasted.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tuff