Author Topic: cable pulling lubricant for tumble lube  (Read 713 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
cable pulling lubricant for tumble lube
« on: September 20, 2006, 01:21:35 PM »
Guys on the cast bullet forum said it worked as good as lee tumble lube. We get it at work by the 3 gallon pail so i took some home. Tumbled bullets just like i would with alox and let the dry overnight. It dries to a clear waxy type coating. I shot them in my sti. A gun thats had a couple thousand rounds at a time without touching the barrel. I first shot 4 6shot groups with the load it likes with the rcbs 120 rn. It shot into an inch or less which is normal. Then i went to the lee tumble lubed 120 tn that shoots pretty well in it usually just under 2 inches. Shot 4 6 shot groups with it and they averaged like usual around 2 inch. Then i went to the cable lubed bullets. First group went 1.5 which was real promising second went 2 inch which is like i said about what that bullet usually does third was 3 inch. Figured maybe i might have pulled a couple. Forth 4 inch now i know something aint right shot another 6 and the group was minute of paper. I looked in the barrel and it was plugged about solid with lead. So that ended up being a short term experiment!!!!
blue lives matter

Offline JBMauser

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: cable pulling lubricant for tumble lube
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 02:18:24 PM »
Wow, I had not heard about using it as a bullet lube.  I did read about it as a case sizing lube and bought some and it does work like a dream.  I put some in my hand and wet the brass a bit and run them through.  As good and better really than the lyman spray lube that I used.  I plan on using a pad next time to see if it works as well.  But thanks for the data, I will not fire any with same lube.  JB