Author Topic: Kel Tec 3AT ??'s  (Read 938 times)

Offline Del

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Kel Tec 3AT ??'s
« on: September 30, 2006, 09:49:15 AM »
How can a person tell the difference between a 1st generation & 2nd generation Kel Tec 3AT??

I understand they improved the extractor & another thing or two w/the 2nd generation models?!

I'm going shopping for a 3AT very soon and want to make sure I get the "the new & imporved model"!!

Any information you have about this would be greatly appreciated!!
Thank You,
Del
I LOVE TO HUNT!
Especially with a Handgun!!

Offline Ka6otm

• Avid Poster
Re: Kel Tec 3AT ??'s
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 04:23:16 AM »
As much as I hate to do this, I'm posting a link to another forum.  There's a side-by-side picture of the 1st Generation and the 2nd Generation on the 4th post down.  The extractor is the biggest visual difference, and it is a huge difference.

Click here: http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=f628ca3bb14a6cbe2fc1b61b393ee8df&threadid=590135

Ka6otm

Offline Del

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 05:23:13 AM »
Thank you very much for the reply and "link" to the picture showing the 1st & 2nd generation Kel tec 3AT.

That is exactly what I needed, and to actually "see" it w/my own eyes helps a lot, instead of a description w/words.

I LOVE TO HUNT!
Especially with a Handgun!!

Offline Ron T.

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 03:41:10 PM »
I bought my P3AT very soon after they became available in our area about 2½ years ago... and it has the old style extracter.  I sent it back to Kel-Tec a few months ago because I was still having a few jamming problems with the ammo I preferred to use (Federal Hi-Shok hollow-points).

The little pistol came back working like a charm... and with nary a mis-fire or jam.  I now feel a great deal more confidence in the little pistol's ability to perform if it is needed.

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."  - Thomas Jefferson