Author Topic: URGHHH  (Read 494 times)

Offline pills

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Contributor
URGHHH
« on: September 17, 2006, 06:36:13 PM »
I got my huntsman/12 guage rifle combo in yesterday. Been drooling over it so much that I didnt notice until now that the rifled 12 guage isnt tapped for a scope. Whats up with this?
...You do not open your mouth without all the facts period...

Matt

Remember this, my dear brothers and sisters: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and should not get angry easily. James 1:19

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Re: URGHHH
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 11:22:03 PM »
Your combo came with the Tracker II 12ga.  It has open sights and is not drilled for a scope base.  None of the "standard" weight 12ga barrels come D & T'd for a scope base.  The chamber wall is not thick enough for  the drill and tap to be safe, by H&R standards.  You may find a gunsmith who will do it, but most will not.  If you want one from the factory that is drilled and tapped it will have to be the 12ga ultra barrel as it starts out as a 10ga barrel and the chamber wall is thicker.  Sorry, that's just the way it is.
cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 07:32:54 AM »
My friend Terry will do the drill and tap on a 12ga. He does great work and I trust him.  I still have plans on following through with mine shortly.
Shoot him an email over at...
http://www.lowcountry-gunsmith.com/
-Aaron

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 11:40:54 AM »
Is it spendy.  I would also have to shell out for the postage to send him the barrel.  Might be a better deal to just go ahead and get the 20ga USH I been drooling over.LOL
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"