Author Topic: Proud Dad!  (Read 935 times)

Offline BasinHunter

• Trade Count: (0)
Proud Dad!
« on: May 04, 2006, 06:22:13 AM »
We were invited on a hunt with some friends in the Marsh on Plum Bayou. Great lease these guys have. We were dropped off at about 3:30 pm at our stand. He has a feeder setup with Soybeans in it. Not long after they dropped us off we heard the rosoo's poping and breaking. Hogs were on the move. At 4pm the feeder went off. We waited with great anticipation, but nothing ran in. About 1/2 an hour later we heard something moving towards us. Two hogs about 50 pounds each came in and started to circle the feeder. I knew we were in trouble cause they were getting on our down wind side. Sure enough the blew out.  We hung in there and heard another one coming in. The same senario repeated itself.  We still had time before dark, and we could still hear some more hogs up wind of us. Sure enough, they worked there way into the feeder. A couple of 35 pounders were there first, but I saw one about 60 pounds I told Chase to wait. Hoping we wouldn't get winded a third time. I had the videocam running catching all the action. Slowly, the 60 pounder worked its way around to our side of the feeder. When he got broadside I told Chase to let him have it. He drew back and let one fly. He hit the hog perfectly behind the shoulder. The hog stumbled away from the feeder, all the while we could see the blood spewing out. He went down right there! To my suprise the big sow was still feeding under the feeder. I told Chase to grab the videocam and I grabbed my bow and slung one into the sow. She tore out leaving one of the 30 pounds pigs still under the feeder!. Chase said Dad, Let me shoot it. So, we swapped up again. He got another arrow knocked and drew back and stuck it! Boy was there some high fiving going on then!  :toast:

Offline huntmdown

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Huntmdown
Re: Proud Dad!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 06:01:23 AM »
That's a great story! You got any pictures? :-X
my sweeter insanity... www.huntmdown.com

Offline 41 mag

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
    • My Pictures
Re: Proud Dad!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 12:45:56 AM »
Congrats o the sucess of your hunt. Those hogs are a blast to hunt no matter what you go after them with. I simply cannot think of a better learning aid for a youth hunter.

I am hoping to get my grandson out later this year to try for his first.

Good Luck with the rest of your season.