Author Topic: flat shooters  (Read 577 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
flat shooters
« on: September 28, 2006, 08:20:38 AM »
what is the flats shooting cartridges? the .17rem at 4040fps, 22-250 at 4000fps, 220 swift at 4250fps.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline KN

Re: flat shooters
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 12:52:38 PM »
A lot of variables go into an equation like that. About the only way to generalize it would be to say that all things being equal, such as bullet, powder,temperature,etc, the faster it moves the flater it shoots. I'm not sure how to compare different calibers except to chart the various loads using a balistics software and comparing them all.   KN

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 02:03:31 AM »
I'd think the .204 Ruger would be in good company in that crowd.....
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline Grumulkin

• Trade Count: (33)
    • http://www.orchardphoto.com
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 02:07:29 AM »
The velocity a bullet starts out with is important but so is ballistic coeficient.  The lighter faster bullets doesn't have as good a ballistic coeficient as some heavier ones and the velocity drops off faster.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 06:34:18 AM »
so the 22-250 is the flats because it's weights more? I just asking for asking becuase it was watch something on t.v and they were talking about flat shooting bullets and they said the 22-250 was the flats.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends