Author Topic: Buffalo Hunt  (Read 1630 times)

Offline Zeeks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Buffalo Hunt
« on: September 22, 2008, 12:27:40 PM »
Lookin for info for a buffalo hunt.  Caliber, placement of shot, any advice would be appreciated.
Found a farm here, that wants to get out of the business of raising them. 
       Thanks Pat
  Tried to find a forum for this subject

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Buffalo Hunt
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 01:25:21 PM »
Where is here? What's the price?

Lloyd Smale shoots them fairly regularly at a game farm owned by a friend of his. You might drop him a PM since he doesn't drop by here often. He hangs out on the handgun forums such as Handgun Hunting and Single Action Handguns often.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Zeeks

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 01:14:37 PM »
Here is NW Ohio  and the price,  I hear, is starting at $400.   I have not been out to the farm and seen any myself.   The family business went under after the parents past away and the kids are clearing things out...   Like the family farm...  I'm sure Vern is turning over in his grave.  Pat

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 09:49:48 AM »
Man that is some kinda bargain price. I sure wish I were closer I'd definitely take advantage of that if I were you.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 09:55:04 AM »
I agree, I'd jump all over it for $400
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 12:59:12 PM »
Heck yeah, $400.00 worth of burger, roasts and steaks. Yummy.

BTW shot placement right in the head so ya don't waste any of that tastey meat
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline greatwhite107

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 04:18:26 PM »
Here is NW Ohio  and the price,  I hear, is starting at $400.   I have not been out to the farm and seen any myself.   The family business went under after the parents past away and the kids are clearing things out...   Like the family farm...  I'm sure Vern is turning over in his grave.  Pat

hello randy here from ohio would love to bring my boy out to shoot a buffalo ,  what is a 400$ buffalo?
bull? cow? how many pounds
please email me at tpack1@woh.rr.com

Offline jk3006

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 12:59:27 AM »
Yeah, I'd like to hear more info on this.

Offline Zeeks

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 12:44:22 PM »
After playing phone tag and trying to catch somebody at home.  I find out that they want;
$400+ for calf, $600+ for a cow, and $1200+ bull.  I was not able to go out and see the buffalos myself.  Monday they had 30, Wensday they were down to 16.  This weekend, my mission is to go and contact them inperson.  I just hate to depend on others to find out info.
Especially co workers.  I know we want at least 6 for the guys at the shop.   Plus there is no place around here to have them processed. So thats another hurtle.