Author Topic: Springfield XD Subcompact 9mm  (Read 1418 times)

Offline XD9

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
  • Match Grade Makes A Difference!
Springfield XD Subcompact 9mm
« on: August 12, 2006, 07:29:22 AM »
Hello all!  I couldn't get the search function to work properly so hopefully this isn't a repeat thread.  I just purchased the new Springfield XD Subcompact 9mm.  All the research I found on it before-hand said it was a great gun...one of the top conceal carry pistols made.  I just purchased it yesterday and have not had a chance to fire it yet.  I was just wondering what people on here thought of this gun.  Any owners?  Good conceal carry gun?  Accuracy?  Any other thoughts?
I'm an accountant and I carry a gun...'nuff said

Offline Savage

Re: Springfield XD Subcompact 9mm
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 11:56:35 AM »
The XDs in the fullsize have pretty good "Pointability". The term "Subcompact" in a misnomer in the XD and Glock line, in my opinion. I find both too thick and blocky to conceal well in light clothing. On a belt holster with a cover garment, they conceal ok--------but passable if the holster pulls the pistol in tight to the body. As far as accuracy goes, like most any other pistol of this size, the accuracy is usually better than the shooter can hold.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline a1huntingsupply

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • A-1 Hunting and Shooting Supply
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 01:35:09 PM »
I have an XD40 service model and love it. The gun is accurate and reliable. I have put over 1,000 rounds through it with out a single failure. The only mod I have done to my XD is put a set of decal grips on it. I have a couple of friends that purchased subcompact models and they have had the same results as me (accurate and reliable).

Offline dcewolf

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 08:44:18 AM »
I own a XD SC 9mm  and love it.  Accuracy is great for me.  A friend of mine thought recoil was just as bad as his .45ACP Colt 1911 (5 in.) but what do you expect comparing a 5 in barrelled gun to a 3 in. 

Anyway, I use a Galco M7X Matrix holster for carry under light, but loose clothing, and you can't tell it's there.  The M7X is a plastic holster that fits like a pancake with snap belt loops, so it can go on and off without removing your belt.  At first the fit was extremely tight but with some light flexing...holstering and unholstering.... and a little clear kiwi polish on the trigger guard portion of the holster has made the draw alot cleaner and easier.  Nice thing about the M7X is you have to draw straight up...so if someone tries to grab ye ole pistol it ain't comin out of the holster without a fight.

Anyway thats my 2 cents...  Enjoy the XD pal!!

Offline oldhunter

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 03:25:35 PM »
I own an XD 9 Service model that usually rides with me in my vehicles and ATV.  Excellent accuracy and easily carried with loose clothing and/or jackets.  Love the pistol but often find myseld carrying a Kel-Tec .32 when situation calls for more caution because of printing.

oldhunter

Offline oldhunter

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 03:27:06 PM »
I own an XD 9 Service model that usually rides with me in my vehicles and ATV.  Excellent accuracy and easily carried with loose clothing and/or jackets.  Love the pistol but often find myseld carrying a Kel-Tec .32 when situation calls for more caution because of printing.

oldhunter