Author Topic: H&R ultra slug 20ga  (Read 873 times)

Offline jrkrk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
H&R ultra slug 20ga
« on: October 03, 2006, 12:55:33 PM »
Hey guys went to the range today with my 20ga. ultra slug gun. Really nice shooting gun no recoil and really accurate so far at 60yds. I didn't get a chance to move it out to 100yds cause of range work.  I used winchester platinum tips and when I finally zeroed the gun in I got 3 slug holes all touching about a 1/2" group.  Anyone have any other thoughts on this gun and ammo suggestions worth trying.  Thanx  john :)

Offline Critter

• Contributor
Re: H&R ultra slug 20ga
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 02:01:12 PM »
My sis-in-law's loves the Winchester Partition Golds.  It wouldn't shoot anything worth a hoot until they came out.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 12:54:05 AM »
GREAT GUN!!!!

I have a 12 and LOVE it!!! It will keep all slugs touching @ 100 with loads it likes NO PROBLEM!!!

I have been looking for a ultra 20...may just have to break down and buy it new! :o :o

Good luck with yours, your gonna love it more and more, I PROMICE!!!

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline 3s3k

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 04:21:39 AM »
jrkrk;

I have had real good luck with the Lightfield Hybred Exp's out to 75yds plus they are less expensive then most "sabots" after that

75-125yds winny platinum tips or remington Ultra Core Lokts work best in my 20ga ush.Have not tried sighting past 125yds because no

need for that long a shot in the field.

0-75yds 1-2" groups

75-125yds 2-3" groups

Offline BrianM

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 01:45:23 PM »
I bought one last year for my daughter to use . I shot a 5 shot group @ 100 yards with the Remington copper solid slugs that was just over an inch . I didn't look any further . Hopefully this year someone will shoot a deer with it . This Ultra Deluxe 20 ga is the MOST ACCURRATE slug gun that I have ever shot !

Offline jrkrk

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 02:49:26 PM »
CWlongshot I have a 12 ultra slug deluxe also that I bought about 2 yrs ago.  What does your gun like and what type of scope are you using? :) :)

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 01:18:31 AM »
CWlongshot I have a 12 ultra slug deluxe also that I bought about 2 yrs ago.  What does your gun like and what type of scope are you using? :) :)

When I bought it I had been waiting for a couple months for a lam stock to come in. The season was approaching so when a pallet stock became avalible, I snatched it up. Not as purdy as a lam stocked green one would be, but I wouldnt sell it for the world!!

This is a couple year old pic. But it hasn't changed much accept the rings.  Its got a matte Leuold VXII 2X7 SHOTGUN scope on it in Leupold PRW rings and a 1" vented pachmayer recoil pad. I put it on before the Sims where avalible, I would use the Sims or Kick-eez pads now.

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.