Author Topic: Bad Outfitter-Need some advice  (Read 562 times)

Offline Mckie Hollow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Bad Outfitter-Need some advice
« on: October 09, 2006, 03:29:51 AM »
I did a Hunt in Argentina in 2005. I shot a Trophy Red Stag. This Trophy was Measured 224 by CIC Scoring and 318 by SCI. I am a Member of SCI but not CIC. From what I am Told, This CIC score is one of a Lifetime. Here's the Problem. I witnessed the Scoring-CIC, and was told the Paper work would be sent to Me. I was also told that The Outfitter was going to have the Trophy scored SCI. From what I was told,Later. that the SCI paper work got lost,so I had it scored here in the States. Numerous E-Mails to the Outfitter and conversations resulted in the promises to send the Official CIC Paperwork, but this has not happened. The Trophy was registered in The Natioinal Park of which it was taken. I do have the Trophy Head with the Park Tag. This Trophy is fully paid for, and I might add that the Trophy Fee was very expensive. What I would like is some advice on how to receive the Official CIC Scoring??? I can't help but feel that The Outfitter was very surprised, jealous and mad, that I had got this Trophy. They did not expect an Animal of this caliber, If They knew it was in the area, I don't think that I would of been Hunting that area. Kindly Advise - Thanks - Mark Madison

Offline beemanbeme

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Bad Outfitter-Need some advice
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 06:14:11 AM »
Hell, I'd write to the President of Argentina.  He, of course, will never see the letter but one of his flunkies will.  Without getting confrontational, I would tell how a great trip to his beautiful country was being ruined by the poor service you are receiving.  That you would LIKE to tell everyone about your great trip but you honestly can't.  Point out that in cyberspace, other folks also feel that you've been poorly handled. But you hope that the Pres can reconcile you problems so you can report a good experience to all the folks you talk to on the internet.
Include names, addresses, copies of any documents, etc. 
They know it doesn't take too many bad raps in cyberspace to start getting into their pockets.