Author Topic: Ringless scope mounting  (Read 425 times)

Offline The Sodbuster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Ringless scope mounting
« on: October 10, 2006, 12:41:30 PM »
Some time ago, maybe a year or so, I saw a piece in one of the gun mags (maybe Shooting Times or Rifle Shooter) about a scope mounting system that didn't use rings.  I think it may have been a Swarovski system with a rail on the underside of the scope.  But for that one article, I haven't heard or read squat about it since. 

Anybody else know anything?  Was it an idea ahead of its time, or a crappy idea mercifully abandoned?

Offline jerkface11

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Ringless scope mounting
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 02:01:12 PM »
 It's on some High end Burris scopes. Like the one with the laser range finder built in.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: Ringless scope mounting
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 06:42:36 AM »
   Years ago Bushnell made a .22 scope with an under rail mounting system ..the rail looked somewhat like the regular .22 dovetail, only on the scope..

Weatherby had, with it's beautiful little Italian made .22 auto a scope available with legs built as one piece with the tube, that would clamp right onto the dovetail..

Now the AKs and the M16s have scopes with mounts where the rings only go half way up the tube...

www.CDNNinvestments .com
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)