Author Topic: S&W Model M/P40 vs. Taurus 24/7  (Read 826 times)

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
S&W Model M/P40 vs. Taurus 24/7
« on: October 11, 2006, 03:02:12 AM »
I think after reading the posts about the bad service that Taurus has, my question has already been answered. But, what the heck, I'll ask anyhow. I'm considerinng a hi-cap pistol, and was thinking of either the Taurus or the S&W in .40cal. I'm leaning towards the Smith, as I have average to a little shorter fingers. I shot a Glock a few years ago, and it just felt a little to bulky for my hands. I only shot about 50 rds thru it, and if I shot it alot more, I might have gotten use to it.
But with the Smith having 3 different size palm swells, I figure one of them will fit the hand better. I've only handled one, and havn't had a chance to shoot one yet. Just wondering what anybody's experience with either pistol has been? Also with Smith being an American company, HOPEFULLY, my money stays in the states when I buy one.(not sure if S&W outsources for parts, as alot of other companys do) Thanks for any info!!-gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Old Griz

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: S&W Model M/P40 vs. Taurus 24/7
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 05:56:30 AM »
If ya ain't goin' Glock, then I'd say go with the S&W. I've already trashed the South American product enough.
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline TxPhantom

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 05:56:39 AM »
Sounds like you have already made your desicion. I have no experience with the 24/7 which I'm sure is a decent gun but I do own a S & W MP40 and love it. The S & W warranty service is great. :)
Go for the M & P. ;)
NRA
TSRA
Texas CHL Holder

Samurai Saying; \"After a victory is the time you should tighten your helmet straps\"

Offline shilo

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 12:51:01 PM »
I have a  S&W M&P  in 40cal and like the gun. This is the first semi auto that I've had that isn't a 1911 style gun (other than 22s) and the gun feels very good in the hand. That was what attracted me to the pistol. I was handling one and just really liked how it felt and pointed. One thing that I noticed is that it allows one to get their hand very high on the gun; very close to the barrels centerline. As a result recoil comes almost straight back with very little muzzle flip. Less muzzle flip than anyother plastic gun that I've shot. The interchangeable backstraps allow it to fit almost anyone. I would definately pick the smith over that other one. I've heard rumers that Smith is going to bring a compact version of it out. I'm looking forward to that.

Offline HuntingGuy

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 08:22:32 AM »
If ya ain't goin' Glock, then I'd say go with the S&W.
  Amen.  The guys from work had a chance to go to a seminar with S&W a couple months ago and had a chance to shoot them along with the Glock line.  They said they were very impressed with the comfortability and handling of the M&P over Glock.  I'll never go back from black, but if you insist on something other than Glock.. I suppose the M&P is the next best thing out there.
HuntingGuy
Hunting in Minnesota Moderator

"You can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy"