Author Topic: Tracker 1 barrel  (Read 510 times)

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
Tracker 1 barrel
« on: October 14, 2006, 01:01:01 PM »
Finely got to realy test the tracker 1 barrel that i got right after the P-dog shoot , and i am very impressed . I tried both Remington and Winchester slugs , the Rem. won hands down .

I shot a total of 30 rounds and the best that i could get with the Win. was about 4 1/2" group with 3 shots , now the Rem. were 2 touching and the 3rd. one , high and right about 1 1/2" on every group .

Don't know if it was me or if it was the barrel heating up , i would fire 3 and let my sholder rest awhile then shoot 3 more .

These were shot at 50 yards , the Win. were all over the place as far as groups .

Just wish it was D&T for a scope .
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline db22

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
Re: Tracker 1 barrel
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 07:40:42 AM »
Stimpy: did you get that Tracker 1 barrel from NEF? I'd like to get a smoothbore slug barrel, but they aren't cataloged any more.
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." -- Samuel Adams

Offline FLNT4EVR

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 08:32:24 AM »
You can still get the smoothbore slug barrels. I just bought one from NEF in 20 ga. Give their customer service dept a call.
" Act civilized...even if you ain't " 

" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people , and I require the same from them. "
                                  John Wayne, "The Shootist"

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 09:48:00 AM »
db22

I picked up the barrel from one of the guys here at GBO , but ya you can still get them from H&R . Like FLNT4EVR said just give them a call .

Also keep an eye on E-bay , they always have H&R / NEF barrels , stocks ,ect. forsale . the prices are sometimes high but sometimes you can get real deals too .
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 10:27:04 AM »
Last I heard H&R still had some 12 and 20 gauge Tracker I barrels left for sale. They are great with regular slugs, and I find especially good with the right Brenneke slug out to 50 or 60 yards and perhaps a bit beyond. Much cheaper to shoot than the sabots also....<><.... :)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley