Author Topic: Ruger's Service Department  (Read 813 times)

Offline Original Ken

• Trade Count: (0)
Ruger's Service Department
« on: April 16, 2003, 05:42:15 AM »
Recently I shipped a Ruger Mark 1  (Yep I said Mark 1) back to Ruger at their Prescott, AZ facility.  The gun was made in 1965 and I bought it in 1966.  The gun was having feed problems and was crushing the 22 cases upon feeding.  Ruger replaced everything on the gun except the receiver and the barrel assembly FREE of charge.  This included trigger spring, sear, sear spring, etc.  They also looked at the mags I sent with them and replaced all of the followers and springs in all five magazines.  I opted to have them do a factory blue job for $70.00.  The gun was gone short of 5 five weeks and it looks absolutely brand new.  They even sent a listing of all available parts for this gun and they managed to find an owners manual for a Mark I somplace.  They also paid for the return shipping via UPS next day.  My hat is off to Ruger for having such a great service policy on a gun that old.  I thought they would tell me that it was going to cost some $$$ to fix.  Much to my surprise they said they would fix it for nothing except for the blueing.  I may go out and buy another Ruger just to support a company that backs their products the way Ruger does.

:-D
This Be The Original Ken
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

Shooters: We have lost an old friend, and I am saddened by his passing. Ken Stufft, who we knew as The Original Ken, passed away unexpectedly on March 22, 2004.

Offline BoatVet

Ruger service
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2003, 07:44:21 AM »
I bought my first handgun from Ruger about 5 years ago the P97DC .45 auto. I took it out to shoot and the magazine would unlatch after every round. I sent my gun to them and they found that the latch that holds the magazine in place was defective I think it was like a 50 cents part. They turned around and sent me a brand new gun instead of just fixing the part. I had my new gun in just a week and never had a problem with it since.

Offline DennisB

• Trade Count: (42)
  • Contributor
May as well jump in and add that
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2003, 03:33:53 PM »
I've had similar experiences with the guys in Prescott.  That's one reason I've got six of Bill's Blackhawks, a couple of M77s, and an old #3 that I wish they's bring out again in some creative calibers...
Dennis In Ft Worth

Offline Darrell Davis

Ruger's Service Department
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2003, 06:14:40 AM »
:grin:  :grin: New dog on the block here, but have been reading the postings for sometime. Very enjoyable for the most part.

Wish to add my $.25 to the Ruger service issue. In a word, WOW! Sent in a BH HUNTER with a damaged barrel, 110% my fault. Sent a check along for repairs etc - rec'd the Hunter back repaired, including some other new parts replaced on this almost new gun, AND THEY RETURNED MY CHECK!!

Have been a Ruger fan for years, and wish I  :cry: still had a number of the ones I let get away. Just passed the BIG 60 and the first one I can remember was an early 22 semi auto back when I was under 10 years old.

Down to six Rugers at present and sorry   :(  to say, NO #1s.
300 Winmag