Author Topic: Most imbecilic gun dealer?  (Read 494 times)

Offline Questor

• Trade Count: (0)
Most imbecilic gun dealer?
« on: October 16, 2006, 02:09:09 PM »
What's the stupidest gun dealer you've ever encountered? How did you know he was stupid?

I knew my stupidest gun dealer was stupid when I inquired buying about a .22 rifle and he told me I should buy a "real gun". Needless to say, I left and never returned.
Safety first

Offline jpsmith1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Most imbecilic gun dealer?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 03:22:14 AM »
Guy wasn't stupid, but he was CRAZY. 

I was looking at a Ruger P98 (I think?) and he wanted to demonstrate the decocker lever to me and a buddy.  He picked up a box of Hornady 'tracer' rounds, I forget what they were called and stuck 1 in the mag while explaining to us the these were great "for shooting 'spooks'".  After inserting the mag in the gun, he racked the slide, chambering a round.  I'll give him some credit here as he aimed the gun in a relatively safe direction (away from us but at the front wall of the building which was about 6 feet from a busy road).  Needless to say, by this time I had taken about 3 giant steps away from him.  He reached his thumb up and snapped the decocker, scaring the s**t out of me when the hammer dropped at full speed toward a loaded round.

I never bought the gun and never went back.  Guy really scared us both, but we laugh about it to this day.
Searching for the perfect left handed revolver.....