Author Topic: What happened to the Democrat party?  (Read 2480 times)

Offline WmRoy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • Gun Collectors Forum
Re: What happened to the Democrat party?
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2006, 08:28:35 PM »
What I can’t understand is that you can’t see you are answering your own question and explaining the dilemma at the same time... It is your mind set that holds back these other parties. We who vote for them and vote for a change are slapped in the face by those who want change but are afraid to step out of the party to get it. Hey each vote counts, if more votes went to the "wasted" side then it would not be wasted now would it...  Hey if you want change dont just talk about it... make it happen...

Matt

Matt,

You're not held back by me............... I'm a life long Republican.  I may not like everything or everyone in the Party but I can't see any other party not having the same situation.  I believe in the old time Republican philosophy and I will continue to work to try and bring the party back...... I see you and others as 'deserters' kinda like the kids who leave because not everyone will play like they want to, if you want change and you have the folks behind you to do it, why not do it within one of the two parties.......... so I guess we must agree to disagree............. but I'm certainly not proving your point!  YOU ARE JUST WASTING YOUR VOTE.......... sorry truth hurts.  AND I SEE YOU AS SLAPPING EVERYONE ELSE IN THE FACE!  course the Democrats love all those conservative voters who 'ditch' the Republican party and pave the way for all the Democrats to get elected........... you're not slapping their face........... YOU'RE GIVING THEM A BIG KISS ON THE MOUTH...... don't come crying around me when Hillary is in the White House......  >:(

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2006, 08:48:12 PM »
I'm a life long Republican.  I may not like everything or everyone in the Party but I can't see any other party not having the same situation.  I believe in the old time Republican philosophy and I will continue to work to try and bring the party back......

WmRoy, you can not tell me that you are not aware of the fact that there is NOT ANY of the old time philosophy that you so dearly hold on to left and has not been for many years. Most all on both the dems and repub side who want change and want better cant do anything about it because if they say to much the money stops falling from the tree...

But to think that you are going to bring back something that was intentionally lost many years ago to me you are wasting a vote so I guess we will just have to agree to disagree as you said.

Matt
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2006, 08:56:21 PM »
Want proof of who our great elected ones are in favor of...

http://www.ctj.org/pdf/corp0205pr.pdf

Give that a look and you can see.

After all we as citizens offer our elected leaders very little monetarily... big companies and special interest groups are the ones with money and in the world we live in money is all that matters...

Matt
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline jhm

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2006, 03:25:50 AM »
I for one feel that the old statement of (you are wasting a vote) has any merit, I have a neighbor and have heard him state that on 4 elections I am aware of one the county Sheriff an both terms and the Presidential election both times, in all the cases he was 100% wrong.   So just waste that vote but do vote. ;)   JIM

Offline WmRoy

• A Real Regular
    • Gun Collectors Forum
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2006, 12:13:30 PM »
Matt,

A vote for a Dem or any third party is a vote for a liberal judge to legislate to you from the bench.

I don't have time to clearly express this thought.  But all you're doing by messing around with a third party is MAKING SURE THAT the Dem's have enough votes to block any Conservative Judges or worse are in power and will dominate those Liberal Judges that I'm sure neither of us likes........ I'm just trying to keep them out and you're stepping aside and holding the door open for them.....

I disagree on the state of the Republican Party.............. sorry.............

But at least you should see that it really has little to do with the individual races and much more to do with WHO the judges are and who gets to pick them.

Offline WylieKy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2006, 08:14:50 AM »
TM7,
That's a good idea.  A better one would be to Constitutionally elminate political parties. period.  You vote for the candidate that has the most compatiable beliefs, or that will be the best leader (not always the same thing, and a point that I think is missed by most.)  I think that that would also eliminate those that run against the policies of their competitors.  By that I mean that they don't have a policy, they just disagree with their opponent. 

WylieKy
This that I do, I do by my own free will.

Offline IntrepidWizard

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2006, 01:53:14 PM »
Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington

Offline DWTim

• Contributor
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2006, 05:06:48 PM »
With regard to Matt's point about representation: Yes! There's way too much power consolidated at the federal level, and that's a problem. The states aren't supposed to march in lockstep with the federal government, yet that is the horizon we are approaching. For decades the federal courts have been used to force law-through-precedent on the states, undermining the states' legislatures. That's not even necessary now, since it appears that the "blue states" simply regard any decision at the federal level as an endorsement by an infallible entity.

All that power centralized in such a small group is practically inviting corruption. Every time we ask the federal government to intervene in business and industry, we are granting them power over it. Businesses realize this, and they also realize that it works the other way, hence the existence of hundreds of lobby groups and the payoffs that find their way into politicians' pockets. Every time we ask for government to expand its powers of regulation, we are making the situation worse, since it is a de facto endorsement of this bad behavior.

Sorry about the derail, now back to our scheduled programming...

Offline prairiedog555

• Contributor
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2007, 10:12:55 AM »
The problem is that America is so big and so diverse that just 2 parties cannot represent the wishes of all of us.  People in the east do not think like people in the south or west.  Maybe it is time for either a couple of new parties, a coalition government, or my favorite idea..... Seccession
The South will rise again.

Offline buffermop

• A Real Regular
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2007, 04:34:39 PM »
Prariedog555--- If the south went to secession again where would they be today after hurricane Katrina hit. Don't forget even though aid was slow, it did happen. You think the south would help Louisina solely? ???

Offline Thundermaker

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2007, 08:08:39 PM »
TM7, It scares the hell out of me to say it publicly, but I agree( ducks and waits for lightning bolts). I aint sure if its the old dogs analogy or the blind squirrel analogy but there it is.  Thats a hell of an idea.       ERIC

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2007, 10:49:15 PM »
I started as a Democrate, then switched to Republician during the Carter years.  But GW and his administration have  caused me to become an Undeclaired.  Problem is there is no one in the middle. 
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline magooch

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2007, 03:58:58 AM »
From way over here on the Right, George Bush looks like he's way too far left of center.  I guess it's all dependent on your perspective.
Swingem

Offline fe352v8

• A Real Regular
  • Evolve or become extinct
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2007, 05:07:23 AM »
What happened to the Democratic Party, it split.  Those once called “Southern Democrats”, are now the Republican Party, and what had been the Republican Party, you remember the one that advocated smaller government, individual freedoms, along with individual and fiscal responsibility, well that one became comatose sometime in the 20s, and after being briefly resuscitated finally died in the 50s.

Life is no joke but funny things happen

jon
life is no joke but funny things happen

jon

Offline prairiedog555

• Contributor
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2007, 01:49:45 PM »
Prariedog555--- If the south went to secession again where would they be today after hurricane Katrina hit. Don't forget even though aid was slow, it did happen. You think the south would help Louisina solely? I am a Katrina survivor.  I didn't get any help from the government, nor asked for any.  Oh, I forgot I did take a case of MRE's and some water.
My local sherrif Harry Lee protected my home from the crack heads and my insurance paid for my home repair.  My neighbors helped me clean up.  We lost our jobs so we moved.  It was not the governments fault, no blame, so I started over.  I never expected gov help, so I was not disappointed.  In turn I don't want the gov telling me what to do.
Small government, states rights is what I want.  Do people in your state think like everyone else?  If californians or New Yorkers want liberal government, no guns, child molestors,illegals, ect. they should have it, not my place to say.  And if some think differently, they should move to states that have people that think like they do.  Verry simple.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2007, 04:58:57 PM »
  OK..So independants..give me a pro-gun, pro-life, traditional values candidate that CAN WIN..I'll vote for him/her..till then, I won't throw away my vote so some liberal can waltz in by default !

I am not a member of either major party..I happen to register Conservative and vote for the most conservative VIABLE candidate..most independant parties I see are either Liberal or only fiscally conservative.

There is no way I will vote for any candidate that will not back traditional, Judeo-Christian values..why should I commit social/faith suicide ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2007, 06:15:03 AM »
"everyone register as an ind".  TM7, you finally said something I can agree with.  Don't forget to shorten the pre-election time in which a candidate can campaign.  I doubt however, as large as the United States have become, that any individual could mount a campaign without some sort of "machine" behind him.

Don't forget tort reform.  I think that's more important than who's running for office.