Author Topic: Need help identifying older weatherby rifle  (Read 548 times)

Offline Thebear_78

• Trade Count: (1)
Need help identifying older weatherby rifle
« on: October 21, 2006, 02:41:02 AM »
I'm not sure if this is the most appropriate forum for this question so if there is a better one please feel free to move it....

A freind of my wifes, husband had taken ill and she asked me to come see if I can take care of some of his old guns for her. One of his rifles that seemed particularly interesting to me was a Weatherby built on a mauser action. His dad worked for weatherby for a while in southgate California and he purchased this rifle used in 1956. It doesn't say what model it is just 300 weatherby and then weatherby south gate calif with serial number 96XX. It is 98+ blueing with only some minor scratches and spots of finish wear on the stock, and weatherby scope. I was wondering what exactly the model number and aproximate value is.

There is also a brand new in the box never fired Weatherby Mark XXII, 22lr auto loader with two clips, box and all paperwork, even has the reciept dated feb 22 1974. Serial number N49XXX.

Any info on either rifle would be great. Thanks for your help

Offline Don Fischer

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Need help identifying older weatherby rifle
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 09:25:04 AM »
I think I read somewhere that the origional Weatherbys, pre Mark X were made on the mauser actions. Si it sounds like juast a very old Weatherby.
:wink: Even a blind squrrel find's an acorn sometime's![/quote]