Author Topic: Good Deal  (Read 886 times)

Offline sharpshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
Good Deal
« on: April 17, 2003, 10:06:14 AM »
I came across a Leupold Vari-X III 3.5x10 for $250 and was wondering if this was a good deal? The scope is in excellent shape the only noticeable thing about it is that you can tell where the scope rings were. :D

Offline Zachary

Good Deal
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2003, 11:16:27 AM »
Is it the 40mm or 50mm version?  Also, is it matte or glossy (matte versions are a tad bit more expensive.  Also how old is it?

If it's a relatively new 40mm version, then $250 is a good deal, if it's the 50mm version, then it's a better deal.

The good thing about Leupolds is that, if anything is wrong with it, then you have the Leupold warranty peace of mind.

Zachary

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
Good Deal
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2003, 01:06:14 PM »
Sounds like you found a great deal!  You better hurry and snatch that one up before someone else does. :bye:
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!

Offline SeanD

Good Deal
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2003, 02:42:19 PM »
That is a real bargin.  Take quick peek on ebay if you want to check what they go for used.  Id buy it, and keep it if i needed it, or sell it and buy what i needed.  Cant lose at that price.
sean

Offline sharpshooter

Good Deal
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2003, 02:42:26 PM »
Its a 40mm and I believe its the glossy finish. It shines a bit. I did get mainly because of the Leupold name and the warranty that is with it. Oh, it also has an adjustable objective lens. :sniper:  :gun4:

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
Good Deal
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2003, 05:53:17 AM »
Sounds like a good deal.  How come I never find good scopes for those kind of prices? :(
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline Zachary

Good Deal
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2003, 10:42:32 AM »
Patience is a virtue. :wink:

Zachary

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
Good Deal
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2003, 11:21:53 AM »
I am 46 and getting older.  Patience is not what blows my hair back.  I live in an area where people tend to keep their scopes FOREVER.  And then if for some reason they decide to sell them they want 5 dollars less that what they paid for them. "After all, this scope is only 10 years old and it is good as new" :wink:
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline Zachary

Good Deal
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2003, 04:26:46 AM »
Longwinters,

If the resale values up there are soo high, and if people are willing (foolish) enough to buy used scopes at such higher resale prices, it sounds like you could have a good used scope business up in the U.P.  

I went to law school in Michigan my first year and froze my butt.  Needless to say, I transferred out and got my LL.M. in International law down here is Sunny Miami.  Anyway, while I was up there I didn't have the chance to gauge the market for scopes.  Had I known that, and had ebay been available at that time, I bet you that I could have made a nice little side money to pay for my law school.

Zachary