Author Topic: reticle replacement  (Read 846 times)

Offline spinafish

• Trade Count: (24)
reticle replacement
« on: October 22, 2006, 11:47:02 AM »
Does anyone know of a company that specializes in replacing reticles in riflescopes?  I have an older model K-4
Weaver that seems to have a disconnected reticle wire.  It is the standard Multi-x crosshairs and would like to have it replaced with a European or German crosshair.  Any info would be appreciated..
the most heartwreching words any man will ever hear
"depart from me, I never knew you"  Jesus
We may ignore, but we can nowhere evade the presence of God. The world is crowded with Him. He walks everywhere incognito.” C.S. Lewis

Offline technical fowl

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: reticle replacement
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 03:50:37 AM »
You can try and contact Premier Reticles.  I don't know if they do any work on Weaver's, but it is worth a try. 

http://www.premierreticles.com/

If that doesn't work contact Weaver directly.

http://www.weaveroptics.com/

Offline Ahab

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 06:19:57 AM »
I'm not trying to be a smart - - -, but I have a  K4 I keep around just to show how much scopes have improved over the years. Think I bought it in '69. It's sight picture is yellow tinged and dim. I would think you could buy a new scope for near the cost of a a reticle replacement.
NRA Endowment
Arizona Bighorn Sheep Society member
Arizona Antelope Foundation member

Offline jerkface11

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 09:46:35 AM »
 I got my early 1960's vintage redfield 6x repaired for about $60. They replaced a lense and the reticle. It's as clear as day now. Of course it took 8 months to get it back from them. I'd give you the name of the firm that repaired mine but they only work on redfields.  Call weaver and see if they repair older scopes. If not they can probably put you in touch with someone who does.

Offline spinafish

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 11:52:06 AM »
Ahab, I probably could get a new scope for the cost of a repair..but I think I purchased this scope in 1977 and she's been with me so long.. I hate to part company.  Been sitting atop a 10/22 many squirrels ago.
the most heartwreching words any man will ever hear
"depart from me, I never knew you"  Jesus
We may ignore, but we can nowhere evade the presence of God. The world is crowded with Him. He walks everywhere incognito.” C.S. Lewis