Author Topic: Best .223 stock/bipod/scope set up?  (Read 383 times)

Offline Ridge Runner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Best .223 stock/bipod/scope set up?
« on: October 23, 2006, 05:50:15 AM »
I plan on buying a NEF in .223. I would like synthetic stock & bipod and I would like recomendations from you guys. I would love to be able to add spacers onto the stock for a long lenght of pull, since I am a little on the tall side at 6'4".

I plan on long range target shooting, possilbly some coyote hunting. Scope recomendations would be appreciated.

Also, does anyone know if the new NEF rifles will take 5.56 ammo with no problems?

If you have any pics of your set up, I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
Re: Best .223 stock/bipod/scope set up?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 06:56:56 AM »
RR

What you want is this .

http://www.riflestock.com/catalog_page_detail.cfm?Product_CatalogID=2867&ProductNumber=19%2D02%2D08&ProductCode=33&ProductSubCodeID=197&NewProduct=0&recordno=1

I don't know if H&R still sells the rifle in this set up any more but you can still get the stock & forarm after market .

As for a scope this will depend on how much money you want to spend , a 3x9 to 6x18 would work well .

The 5.56 ammo does not shoot well in a handi and H&R says do NOT shoot it in their rifles any way .

There is a sticky at the top of the page that shows a bunch of H&R /NEFs

hope this helps
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline Ridge Runner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 08:31:01 AM »
RR

What you want is this .

http://www.riflestock.com/catalog_page_detail.cfm?Product_CatalogID=2867&ProductNumber=19%2D02%2D08&ProductCode=33&ProductSubCodeID=197&NewProduct=0&recordno=1

I don't know if H&R still sells the rifle in this set up any more but you can still get the stock & forarm after market .

As for a scope this will depend on how much money you want to spend , a 3x9 to 6x18 would work well .

The 5.56 ammo does not shoot well in a handi and H&R says do NOT shoot it in their rifles any way .

There is a sticky at the top of the page that shows a bunch of H&R /NEFs

hope this helps

Perfect! Thanks for the info about 5.56. I wish they would chamber their rifles in it. There is a ton of surplus on the market.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 08:54:40 AM »

Perfect! Thanks for the info about 5.56. I wish they would chamber their rifles in it. There is a ton of surplus on the market.

H&R tried that with the 7.62x39, it was a flop due to everyone wanting to shoot milsurp ammo, it's been discontinued now.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain