Author Topic: Whitetail Scents  (Read 782 times)

Offline HuntingGuy

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
Whitetail Scents
« on: October 30, 2006, 02:15:07 PM »
So a previous thread had me wondering... How does everyone do with the different doe estrus scents on the market?  I've always had a curiosity about them, but have never actually used them.  The reason I probably haven't used them is because Im worried of trampling around in front of my stand [where my deer walk] to set up the wick before I get into my stand - is this a valid concern, or should I say "screw it" and start using these scents?

All replies in a timely manner would be great.. I'm outta here in 3 days!  ;D ;)

Be safe,
HuntingGuy
Hunting in Minnesota Moderator

"You can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy"

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline HuntingGuy

• A Real Regular
Re: Whitetail Scents
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 01:54:46 AM »
Thank ya, fine sir.
HuntingGuy

"You can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy"

Offline Bldr Bob

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 05:09:56 AM »
I use the "tinks 69" on cotton ball or wick in front of my stand or down wind from my stand.  I have had deer walk right up to it and I have had days where nothing happens.  It seems to have worked in the past so I keep doing it.  I also use the sent elimination products and feel they have some benefit as well.  I guess I would say that in the area that I hunt in they seem to work. 

Offline HuntingGuy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 06:36:08 AM »
BB, seems to be the common trend with the Tinks.  Some folks have had great success, some not.  Guess I'll give it a try this weekend.
HuntingGuy