Author Topic: CLAM CHOWDER  (Read 596 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
CLAM CHOWDER
« on: November 02, 2006, 12:24:53 AM »
I live in Texas and we don't know a clam from anything--or--at least I don't.
I have eaten what I thought was good clam chowder in a week or two stay in Boston---that was years ago,-- there was some rumor about a guy in a church with laterns and, I believe a guy on a horse---I don't know the outcome, I left for LA before I heard the last report---I digress. It was good Boston clam chowder and from what I know there are several types of chowder, NY style comes to mind.
Are there variations in clam chowder--I know there is between Boston and NY--A good reciept would be in order, not that I will rush out to try it as I have only canned clams avaiable to me--if in fact they are clams, I would never know.
Blessings

TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: CLAM CHOWDER
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 01:03:36 AM »
There are two variants that I know of - New England style which uses a cream base like potato soup and Manhattan Style which is essentially vegetable soup with clams.  Being from Massachusetts I prefer the New England Style. I will try to post my mom's recipe when I get a chance. 
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Questor

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 02:05:53 AM »
Williamlayton:

Don't bother using the canned clams available today. They're these little shredded clam parts from the Pacific Rim countries. If the clams aren't good, then don't bother trying to make clam chowder.
Safety first

Offline fe352v8

• A Real Regular
  • Evolve or become extinct
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 02:49:53 AM »
Skip the chowder go with a lobster bisque.

Life is no joke but funny things happen

jon
life is no joke but funny things happen

jon

Offline jhm

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 03:30:55 AM »
No Garlic Heck I would use Garlic on corn flakes if I eat corn flakes!  I believe garlic is on of the main food groups ;D   JIM