Author Topic: Recoil pad and new pardner  (Read 771 times)

Offline tango3065

• Trade Count: (1)
Recoil pad and new pardner
« on: November 03, 2006, 04:30:54 PM »
Hi guys fellow lurker here and  I finally decided to get a new pardner since I have loved my huntsman over the last couple of years and I am needing something a little lighter than my 870 for the woods. Does H&R offer a better recoil pad for this gun than the thin solid one that comes on it or will one off from one of the wood stock huntsman fit (mine synthetic so  I cant try it) , If not are they any others out there that are cheap that looks factory?

BTW I am not wanting to spend the money for the simms, or HiViz on this little gun like I have done most of my other guns becuase  I want to keep it a  cheap and simple little woods gun without putting much into it. Thanks

Offline FLNT4EVR

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Recoil pad and new pardner
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 04:55:15 AM »
I just use a slip on on mine. it's inexpensive and makes the gun stock just about an inch longer which makes a better fit for me. And you can always take it off again with no harm done.
" Act civilized...even if you ain't " 

" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people , and I require the same from them. "
                                  John Wayne, "The Shootist"

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Recoil pad and new pardner
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 06:30:33 AM »
H&R does make recoil pads, but they aren't very good, but better than the solid plate that comes on the Pardner. That said, none of the H&R pads I have for Handis or Ultras are big enough to fit my Pardner stock, a good choice IMO would be an inexpensive slip on like a Butler Creek or even the small Limbsaver at Walmart for $20, it fits mine perfect. ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain