Author Topic: Burris EuroDiamond information  (Read 374 times)

Offline Sgtshultzy1

• Trade Count: (1)
Burris EuroDiamond information
« on: November 06, 2006, 12:31:29 PM »
I am currently looking to buy a new scope for my AR.  I use it primarily for varmints and predator hunting.  Ranges vary between 0 and 150 yards and the shots may be quick.  I thought the Burris EuroDiamond 1x4x24 with the electro dot would be a good scope for that purpose.

Has anyone used this scope, or any other Euro Diamond scope and what are your observations of them?  I would really love to hear from Jon at the Optic Zone for a comparison to other scopes in this class and what he thinks of the EuroDiamond style scopes from Burris.

Offline TheOpticZone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
Re: Burris EuroDiamond information
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 04:04:17 PM »
Sgtshultzy1,

The Burris EuroDiamond scopes are very nice scopes, but personally I don't know if I would choice it for your situation.  The EuroDiamond is a 30mm tube which is only going to add extra weight to your rifle.  You will not get any advantage out of the 30mm tube verses the 1" tube for your particular situation and only shooting out to 150 yards.  Also, with a set parallax of at 100 yards, you will lose some of your accuracy at very close distances and parallax problems.  I am assuming that you are looking for an illuminated style retice, which is why you chose the EuroDiamond?
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!

Offline Sgtshultzy1

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 09:11:21 AM »
Thanks for getting back to me.  Well...I trust your opinion, especially since I bought a scope off of you several years ago that you recommended and I love it.(Nikon Monarch 1.5x6)

So, what would be your choice then?  BTW...I am looking for an illuminated reticle.

Thanks...Shultzy

Offline BoarHunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 04:02:49 AM »
These scopes are used for drive hunting, where you shoot at an animal driven by dogs and running fast.
Distance are usualy short, average 30m but sometimes you have a "window" of just a few m !

So the tube diam is important in order to aim quickly and have a large field of view. Besides it is good to aim with both eyes open, magnification is set to 1X.

This is the way people usualy hunt in europe. Took me some time to get used to  :)

Magnificaion of 4X allows you to eventually shoot at longer range, more than 100m.

The illimuinated reticle is a definite plus as it attracts you eye and speed up the aiming process.

So it may well fit your needs.

Personaly I prefer a open red dot like the miniature Docter which I have or the Eotech. With these you do not have a tunnel effect and aiming with both eyes open is easy.

For quick shooting, you also need to have your rifle such as the stock fits like a shotgun stock.