Author Topic: I got a 12g yesterday.  (Read 728 times)

Offline JaredDrake

• Trade Count: (1)
I got a 12g yesterday.
« on: November 07, 2006, 07:32:25 AM »
I got a pawshop 12g Pardner yesterday and  I remember someone saying that not all shot can be used it in. Can I use steel and lead, or just one and not the other? Please help.
jared
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. - John Adams

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Re: I got a 12g yesterday.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 04:47:21 PM »
If you call customer service (number in the FAQ sticky on the CF Forum) and tell them the serial number they will be able to tell you. What do you plan on shooting with it? What choke is it? what are the first 2 letters of the sreial number? if you answer these questions I' could give you a lot more help. Congrats on the new gun.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline JaredDrake

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 03:58:57 PM »
I plan on shooting absolutely nothing with the 12g. Man that thing kicks. Actually, the reason I bought it is because I want a 20g, and this was the cheapest way to start. I'll also probably get a .410. It's a modified choke. The first two letters are NF.
Jared
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. - John Adams

Offline FLNT4EVR

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 03:59:29 AM »
Try one of the slip on recoil pads. They help quite a bit.
" Act civilized...even if you ain't " 

" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people , and I require the same from them. "
                                  John Wayne, "The Shootist"

Offline Rustyinfla

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 07:36:03 PM »

When my son was first starting out I took the but plate off of his little 20 ga. Topper and filled the cavity there with lead shot. I radically changed the balance but it did lessen the recoil. After he used to it I took the shot out and he's been fine ever since. In fact he now has a 12 ga.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tuff