Author Topic: Thank your friends for voting for the next AWB  (Read 984 times)

Offline azshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Thank your friends for voting for the next AWB
« on: November 08, 2006, 03:05:15 AM »
We now have a Democratic house run by a Rabid Anti-Gun and likely will have a Democrat Senate.  Remember when Bush said he would sign a new assault weapons ban(back when it had no chance of passing) .  Now he will probably get his chance.  Having Nancy P. in control means that your black sysnthetic stock bolt gun will be on her list. 

Be sure to thank your shooter friends for voting Democrat when you are registering your hunting guns.

Offline DWTim

• Contributor
Re: Thank your friends for voting for the next AWB
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 09:12:21 AM »
It'll be different this time. The 'A' will now stand for 'All'.

Offline Mannlicher

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 11:12:36 AM »
Don't look for the Dems to do much other than 'test the waters' for a few months.  After that, they will push the anti agenda gradually.  After they take the Presidency though in '08, look for them to break into full stride.
First will be a new AWB, second a total ban on MilSurp rifles and ammo imports.   After that, we will see permanent records kept on purchases, and the formation of a national gun owner database.
Don't look for help from 'moderate' dems.  With Nancy P in control, they will toe the line, or they won't get campaign money, or committee assignments.  Think Soviet Russia, for their model.
Attempts at confiscation will come some where around 2012.  Civil War II will follow shortly.   :o
Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 01:28:33 AM »
The republicans did it to themselves.........they didn't dance with the one who brought them.....

I can't say I'm suprised.....hopefully, they learn something.......
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 03:04:37 AM »
The republicans did it to themselves.........they didn't dance with the one who brought them.....

Actually the statistics show that the Republicans did it to themselves by ONLY dancing with those who brought them.  They've gone too far right, and lost the the middle ground.  The middle ground is where all elections are won.  There's not enough far right or far left nutjobs to get either side elected.  It's the group in the middle you've got to appeal to.

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 12:48:37 PM »
That's funny, but in a way your right Dukkiller..........I'm a right winger no doubt, but they are way farther right of center than I am......I consider myself one of the ones that brought them having votes solid republican all my life.  I still voted republican in the senate election and the republican candidate, Bob Corker got elected.........but I can't tell you how disappointed I am with the republican party.

It was an open seat and Corker had no voting record.......The democratic candidate, Harold Ford, has a long history of liberal voting.......The libertarians ran no candidate although there were several other independents. 

It really wasn't much of a choice.

I did break tradition and voted for the incumbent democratic governor.  He is the first dem I've ever voted for in a general election (I did vote for Jessee Jackson in a primary, but it was because Regan was a shoe in and I figured he would be the easiest to beat)......but again, he's a conservative democrat and has, IMO done a fine job.......hard to vote against someone who seems to think the way I do.

Let's not think the democrats will have an easy time, as a lot of the candidates that got elected are "blue dog" conservative democrats who might give the yellow dog leadership fits.

The real question is will king George II help the cause in 2008 or will he fold and not use the veto?  Will he legitimize illegal's and play into the democrats hand?

King George's true colors are soon to be shown.  Let's hope he does what the people want.
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline azshooter

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 03:12:33 PM »
With some saying they got what they deserved, well the real loosers are the gun owners who got what they deserved.  From a "moderate" stance on gun control we now have ultra left gun grabbers on power.  Abstaining from voting is just as bad.  By not casting a vote to block them, you are giving them a thumbs up pass.  I don't think the Republicans were anywhere near the right.  Whats so right wing about stopping a flood of ILLEGAL IMMIGARANTS.  Bush and the Senate forgot about their base.  At least the House tried to deal with the illegal flood.  Do ou think the gun owners protection act would ever have seen the light of day with Pelosi in office?

If you bought into the Democrat lets get out of Iraq story watch this.  See translation below:

hotair.com/archives/2006/11/09/video-matthews-begs-dean-to-cut-and-run-more-quickly-from-iraq/

Translation:

Matthews - " ok - we can finally pull the troops out!"

Dean - "You didn't really buy into all that campaign talk did you? We can't pull the troops out, it would be stupid. We just said that to beat the Republicans"

Offline DWTim

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 05:21:05 AM »
King George's true colors are soon to be shown.  Let's hope he does what the people want.

Well, we all know what makes him tick, but single-issue voters do not make up the majority. The one thing that annoys me is that the lefties think that we've suddenly abandoned our principles. I'm the same person I was on November 6th, and so are all of you, I'm sure. Unfortunately, the "bitter republican" is going to be the lens through which the remaining years will be viewed, when in fact, there was a lot of dissatisfaction. In retrospect, it was almost comical to think that things would remain the same when Congress' approval was below 30% for the last year. I guess if the American people are going to "fire" Congress, they have to start somewhere.

But back to Bush: The media is preparing to distort the facts in order to create sensational news. They are already predicting that Bush will take the blame for the loss, when the complaints are the same ones I've been reading here since I signed up. Bush has already dropped a few bombs, some before the election:

* I'm sure everyone's heard about Bush's complete turn-around when asked about Rumsfeld. Being an honest guy, he managed to accidentally tell the truth when called on it. Then to make matters worse, he tried to back-pedal, and made an excuse that didn't even make sense. He pulled "a Kerry".

* Bush was on last Friday's Limbaugh show, where he revealed this gem:

"One great opportunity for China, Rush, is to encourage China to develop a society in which there are savers. In other words, a society in which there's a pension plan. Let me rephrase that: a society in which there's consumer because now there's a society of too many savers. The reason they're saving so much money is because there's not a pension plan or a legitimate healthcare system. The people horde the money they have in anticipating there's going to be a bad day. If we can encourage China to be a country of consumers, you can imagine what it would mean for US producers and manufacturers to have access to that market."

So Bush thinks it's a good idea to push for consumerism in a society that is still largely poor and without opportunity to change classes or increase wealth? Kind of makes you wonder what he has in store for Americans. This puts a whole new spin on the Social Security debates. I was horrified when I heard this. It's basically an admission that Bush would rather eliminate personal savings and let the government take up the slack with expensive social programs. Perhaps these are his true colors?

The reason why the majority of manufacturing workers in China do not have all the benefits of their socialized system is because they are largely taken from the peasant farmer class, and benefits are not granted to this class. These are not classes like those the leftists on our own soil create by tossing around labels, the Chinese are divided into classes depending on their ancestry and other factors that the CCP determines, and it is enforced by law and "re-education" camps. You can go down, but you can't go up.

* In Bush's speech on the day after, he drops this bomb in a discussion about Rummy's resignation: "[Rumsfeld understands] Iraq is not working well enough, uh, fast enough..."  So we have to wait until after a national election to take action on it?

* I don't even want to delve into the majority of what Bush said about entitlement programs, but the short story is that he is promising to introduce lots of new spending at the federal level with the new Congress. Ugh.

* I'm sure you're all aware of Bush's comments when asked about the possibility of granting amnesty to illegal aliens with the cooperation of the new Congress. Then he has the audicity to say that there has been improvement in cutting down the flow of illegal immigrants when he knows damn well that the majority of it was done by private citizens acting on their own, and that the federal government did their best to discourage and disperse those citizens.

Offline NYH1

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2006, 05:51:28 AM »
I don't think to much gun control talk is going to happen until after the 2008 elections. If a democrat is elected president, which will probably happen then we're SOL! A lot of democrats (especially southern and mid western democrats) remember seeing their fellow democrats losing their seats two months after the 1994 election because of the AWB. The retarded dems from New York and other northeast areas and the knuckle heads from Cali and Ill. are alway's going to be antigun, there is no getting around that. Funny thing is that a lot of the republicans from the same areas are getting just as bad as their democrat counterparts! This is just my $.02!
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline Tn Jim

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2006, 04:41:43 PM »
I may be full of it (been told that before), but heres my take. The Dems aren't going to go full bore on gun control until after the '08 elections. They will pass some things in the mean time, but it will be more to test the waters. After Nov. '08 all bets are off. All the illegals will get amnesty in the next 18 months. King George II and the Dems both want it. Bush will sign anything put in front of him until he is gone in '08, even though he has nothing to lose by vetoing it (his veto record so far is weak). All this will be done so he can claim to be working in the spirit of bipartisianship. He will sell us out in a heartbeat to get his North American Union and Superhighway dream realized. Then the Dems will hand this country to the UN on a silver platter to further their own agenda. Truely hard times are heading our way gentlemen. Best start getting ready for it now! >:( :'(
Not all Muslims are terrorist, but oddly enough, all terrorist are Muslims.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2006, 11:12:13 AM »
60% of the American voting public did not register and opinion--don't blame the ones who did.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 08:17:48 AM »
I've tried to say the same thing about the middle ground and the Republicans being too far right.  I was severly chastised.  A lot of the people don't want to hear anything about why the republicians lost.  There is some issues that the fundamentalist right wingers just won't give up and keep pushing hard.  And unfortunately George Bush is one of them.  I'm one of those middle of the road guys, that keep jumping back and forth to try and keep things from going too far to either side.  The gun issue won us the presidency, and many seats in the house and senate.  But the solid stance against stem cell research, and abortion lost this election.  Also not closing the borders did not help.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.