Author Topic: It's Here.......more pics this time  (Read 3022 times)

Offline CelticCross

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: It's Here.......more pics this time
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2006, 04:04:05 AM »
Cabela's sells one of those adjustable butt pads for $25 +s/h. I don't know the # sorry.

Ryan

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2006, 07:40:43 AM »

Cabela's shows only the new style that has a plastic stock piece on it...Here's a place that has the aluminum piece...http://www.precisionreloading.com/recoilpads.htm#Morgan%20Adjustable%20Recoil%20Pads

If you can't find any of these...you could give the company a call...here...Morgan Adjustable Recoil Pad Co. 216-788-4495..and see if the aluminum base is available from them...I much prefere the look over the plastic...

FWIW...the fusion ammo does wonderful...1/2" groups are the norm for it...and chrono'd right at 3100fps...I had some issues with my new Winchester brass...and won't be using any more of it till I measure each and every case...instead of measuring 10 out of 50 as i did this go around...The velocities were impressive..with the starting charges...and all of them were 100-150 fps over for all bullet weights...130-160grains...but we have a-lot more testing to go yet...and when I have it broke in completely...I'll be posting some group sizes and loads...It is showing great potintial so far...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2006, 07:59:47 AM »
With groups like that , it can only get better . keep us posted will ya . I had a custom mauser in 270 that to this day i almost cry when i think about it . but the kids needs were more inportant than mine at the time .

Kids you have to LOVE them but some days i just don't LIKE them .  ;D  ::)
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline coyote trapper1928

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
    • North Country Outdoors
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2006, 09:23:19 AM »
Can you get a Handi rifle with a Walnut stock??
coyote trapper1928

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2006, 09:51:51 AM »
Can you get a Handi rifle with a Walnut stock??

Unless it's one of the older ones...the only Handis that come with factory walnut stocks are  the 45-70 Buffalo classic or the 38-55 Taget Model...You can get Walnut stocks...but they will be coming from outside sources...Hopefully within a couple months there will be another source for nice stocks for our Handi's...

Mac

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2006, 10:17:54 AM »
mac i hateto pee on the parade but iam not sure i like that coating or maybe its the color, ? what is the purpose of it? rust ? toughness? i never seen it before ,  i really like how you set the rest up , love the stocks, i got an morgan  or two layin around here  use to use them on trap guns , for the money they proboly one of the best adjustable  pads goin, yu can also  glue leather or  somethn like it on the one  pad and then yu can adjust the cant also , so it fits right in your shoulde cup , ( little trick i would do on trap guns

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2006, 10:48:22 AM »
mac i hateto pee on the parade but iam not sure i like that coating or maybe its the color, ? what is the purpose of it? rust ? toughness? i never seen it before ,  i really like how you set the rest up , love the stocks, i got an morgan  or two layin around here  use to use them on trap guns , for the money they proboly one of the best adjustable  pads goin, yu can also  glue leather or  somethn like it on the one  pad and then yu can adjust the cant also , so it fits right in your shoulde cup , ( little trick i would do on trap guns

That's ok to each his own.....it certainly isn't a traditional blueing job...that's 4 sure...and yes it is a coating that will prevent rusting quite well...Wayne has done a bunch of them for folks using them in extream conditions...and your quite right about the Morgan...I have used them for years on all my trap guns...and getting a perfect fit is quite easy using them...

Mac

Offline RemingtonMagnum

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2006, 03:50:07 PM »
Mac

I really like your gun and it has inspired me to go ahead with my plans. Is that Dura Coat painting. I want mine Dura Coated Electric Lime. Talking about standing out in the woods. I still like that color with my Honey Color Laminated stock.

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2006, 03:57:33 PM »
Mac

I really like your gun and it has inspired me to go ahead with my plans. Is that Dura Coat painting. I want mine Dura Coated Electric Lime. Talking about standing out in the woods. I still like that color with my Honey Color Laminated stock.

Don...Thanks....it's a baked on cerramic coating Wayne uses...it's not paint by anymeans...even though it is sprayed on...It's a very duarable tough coating...I agree with you...a Lime Green dura coated handi would stand out...anywhere :o :o :o :D :D :D

Mac