Author Topic: I've been robbed!!  (Read 617 times)

Offline WylieKy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
I've been robbed!!
« on: November 08, 2006, 10:18:47 AM »
I got robbed by two men (boys 1 16 and 1 18) last night.  I stopped at an ATM on the way to a friends house (friendly card game.)  I saw something out of the corner of my eye and next thing I know I had a gun an inch from my head.  He said "Give me $500.00 or I will kill you." So I threw my wallet and debit card at him and intended on taking off when he bent to pick it up. He kept the gun on me and made me get out of my car, wanted me to get 500.00 out of the ATM.  As I got out of the car, I opened and palmed my Spyderco, and planned on sticking him in the throat if he got close enough and the gun wasnt aimed at me.  I swiped my card and entered my PIN, entered 500.00 and kept hitting the wrong button to confirm (on purpose.)  I invited him over to try for himself, but they decided to take off.  The police were on sight in about 4 minuites, had the 16 year old in about 20 min, and got the older one about 5 am this morning.  They had K-9 and every available LEO in the city on the hunt.   Here is the link to the older one (can't get info on 16 yr old as he is a minor.  Guys name is Heath, Willie Jamar.

http://as400.yorkcountygov.com/sheriff/eframe.htm

I consider myself lucky.  1. They didn't kill me.  2. I have a CCW, but because of the line of work I am in I am not allowed to have a weapon on the property.  I left work, voted, and got robbed before getting home and getting my gun.  If I had had it on me I would have shot and killed one if not both of these kids, and although it is a decision my rational mind would have been OK with, my heart would have ached for killing a kid for the rest of my life. 3. They were not smart enough to realize I was hitting the wrong button on the ATM, so instead of $500.00 they got a wallet with $40.00 and credit cards that were closed within an hour.  Both are charged with Criminal Conspiracy, Assault with a Deadly Weapon, Armed Robbery, and Menacing.  The juge has denied bail.

Tough way to start a life.

WylieKy

This that I do, I do by my own free will.

Offline Tn Jim

• A Real Regular
Re: I've been robbed!!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 12:19:45 PM »
Geez Wylie, glad to hear you are ok!! :o
Not all Muslims are terrorist, but oddly enough, all terrorist are Muslims.

Offline Questor

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 01:25:31 PM »
I am glad you are OK.

Same  thing happened to me once. Not very pleasant. I am glad to be alive.

It was very disturbing that the two kids that robbed me both had long rap sheets for armed robbery at the ages of 14 and 15. They were found guilty and were given 3 months, one afternoon per week, of psychological therapy. That was their punishment.  The kids were drunk when they robbed me. I'm sure they killed someone not long after that. They just kept getting away with serious crimes.
Safety first

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 01:35:24 PM »
Wow... Glad your okay and glad to hear they caught the little creeps.  Unfortunately they will probably be back on the street rolling someone else before the ink on the police report dries.  :(
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 01:45:55 PM »
I'm glad to hear you're okay.  That's too bad these kids have decided to go this route - what a waste.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 04:53:48 PM »
WileyKy.  I can sure understand your position on shooting a kid.  At one point in my life I had the same feelings, I would do nothing intentionally to harm a "child."  My first face to face meeting with children who kill took place in 1964 just south of Nha Trang VIet Nam.  My chopper had been sent to pick up several POWs, When we landed and I came face to face with a bunch of women and children I could not beleive my eyes.  Some of the kids were 10-12 years old, but were already seasoned combat troops who had taken the lives of Americans.  I had a change of heart, I didn't like it, but found it necessary to fire on women and children several times while attempting pick-ups during the remainder of my tour.  If they were shooting at me, I shot back.

Many of the kids out there on the streets of America are seasoned thugs, and will take your life in a minute.  Don't let the tender age fool you, a gun in a youngsters hands is likely more dangerous than in an adult.  They are often hopped up on drugs, and will kill you for a twenty dollar bill, life to most of them is cheap.  They have no respect for authority, for themselves, or for you.  Your wallet is simply a way to their means, and they will take it at any cost.

I have prepared myself for such a situation, and if armed, there will be no trial. (Maybe mine, but I can deal with that.)

I am glad you are alive and well, I hope you can find your way to take any action necessary to protrect yourself if this ever happens again.  And remember, you could have had your wife and/or child with you, what then, would you shoot to protect them?

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 01:23:19 AM »
Could you tell us more about the location of the ATM?  How were they able to hide so you didn't see them when you pulled up?

Anyway.......it wasn't your time.....to kill.....or to die.......

We're all thankful that neither occured.  I think I'd pick another ATM next time! ;)
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline WylieKy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 03:51:58 AM »
In SC, armed robbery carries a minimum of 10 years, no parole for 7.  The judge has denied bail to both of these boys, and I think that would be odd.  Both are being charged as adults.  The thing is, they will spend the next 7 years learning to be better, stronger, and harder criminals.  I'm sure next time they will not make the mistake of leaving the witness behind...

Rockbilly,
Had I been armed, at least one of them would have been dead.  Maybe both, and maybe me as well.  I would not and will not hesitate to act in a decisive manner, but I'm glad that decision was out of my hands.  If my wife and daughter had been with me.....bad things man....  And by the way, I am sorry for the decision you had to make.  Not that you made them, but that you were forced to.  I'm only 28, so Viet Nam is a history lesson for most of my generation, but I thank you for what you your generation did, and grieve that you had to do it...

Victorcharlie,
The ATM is a stand alone on the perimeter of the bank parking lot on the main drag through town.  It was well lit, but the parking lot is 30' or so above the level of the adjacent property (a Family Dollar/Bi-Lo strip mall.)  At the bottom of the embankment is a line of bushes, and I think that is where they were.  I am considering contacting the property owners and recommending that that line of bushes be removed.

Thanks,

WylieKy

This that I do, I do by my own free will.