Author Topic: A faint glimmer of hope - Alaska stands firm  (Read 351 times)

Offline muskeg13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
A faint glimmer of hope - Alaska stands firm
« on: November 09, 2006, 08:31:40 PM »
While I mourn the passing of a gun-friendly Congress, I'm heartened that we barred the front door locally in Alaska, the most free state in the union.  By a wide margin, we elected NRA Life Member Sarah Palin as our next, youngest (42), first female, and most conservative Governor ever.  Mrs. Palin makes it a point to state that she is a proud NRA Life Member, a lifelong hunter, fisherwoman and shooter.  She chided her liberal metrosexual opponents recently in a televised debate where she said she was carrying  current state hunting and fishing licenses, and bet they weren't.  She also has a commercial fishing license. Most important of all, Governor-elect Palin makes enforcement of the Alaska State constitution her bedrock stand.  Our state constitution grants the INDIVIDUAL right to keep and bear arms.  We all must be very careful to elect local and state politicians who share our views on gun ownership. I'll trust our new Governor to take a stand and say NO to any loss of gun owner rights in the future proposed by Hillary Clinton and a democrat Congress.

Online Casull

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: A faint glimmer of hope - Alaska stands firm
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 05:29:52 AM »
Now you gone and made me jealous.  I'm stuck here in Illinois under Comrades Blagojevich and Daley, two of the biggest gun grabbers around.  I guess I should congratulate you, but I was just getting over the election and you had to rub it in. ;)
Aim small, miss small!!!