Author Topic: Burris Fullfield II  (Read 707 times)

Offline jmckinley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Burris Fullfield II
« on: November 10, 2006, 02:08:44 AM »
 :o I purchased a new 3-9X40 Burris with the Ballistic Plex and found out quickly I didn't like it at all. I find the Ballistic Plex alittle bit of overkill and in the field a distraction. Clear scope but just not for my ole eyes. Has anyone had the same experience. I took it back and picked up a Bushnell 3200 Elite for my mew Ruger 06.  Jess ??? ??? ???
Jess

Offline victorcharlie

Re: Burris Fullfield II
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 02:38:18 AM »
I tend to agree with you about the ballistic plex, nikon BDC and other large additions to the cross hairs.  It does make it distracting.......but hey.......some love them......

Did you look at the Fullfield II with a different recticle?
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline gube

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 06:06:30 PM »
I was thinking of trying the new balistic plex as well for my 204. They have one specifically for that caliber, but I think I will need to wait until I hear from a few more people who have tried them. My 204 is used mainly for prairie poodles, crows / magpies, and yotes during the winter.
aim small miss small
Savage Vaporizer

Offline 31 bertram

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 02:13:49 AM »
Last night I watched John Barsness on the outdoor channel using the B-Plex to range a mule deer by using the the hatch marks and then use the B-Plex to make the shot.  Wonder if that type Plex would be a hindrance for a late afternoon ( dark) shot.  I've looked thru the Bushnel 3200 and was quite impressed.  I have an older FF II that does'nt have the B-Plex and another thing I did'nt like was having to turn the eyepiece to zoom in.  But after having this scope for years and a gun smith trying to destroy it, I would say that it is my "go to" scope.  This scope with the standard plex has been the most durable I have ever seen. Hope this helps.  31 bertram   

Offline VTDW

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://www.geocities.com/vtdw336/great_outdoors.html
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 05:04:14 AM »
I share some of the concerns (sorta) but I am an old welder and everyone knows we ain't too smart.  I just ignore the hash marks because I have never had a shot over 100 yd yet. ;D
www.marlinowners.com
How did I get over the hill without getting to the top?

http://photobucket.com/albums/v354/vtdw1/

Offline poncaguy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 01:23:30 PM »
I have 3, like them real well, I'm 65...............

Offline jmckinley

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 05:24:36 AM »
The scope is ok anyone want to trade a Mueller Sport dot even up? I just see them better. Jess
Jess