Author Topic: ZEE rings...bad inserts???  (Read 407 times)

Offline ryback770

• Trade Count: (0)
ZEE rings...bad inserts???
« on: November 13, 2006, 04:06:25 AM »
swapped my old brand x rings for zee/signature rings. results..NOT good, ran out of windage adjustment on the scope.
anyone else ever experience this before? Maybe I got a bad set of plastic inserts?
In any case I'm putting my old rings back on  until I can figure out what the @%$& is going on!!!
"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins." - H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: ZEE rings...bad inserts???
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 04:16:30 AM »
Generally speaking that's the whole idea of the Signature rings is so you can use the offset inserts to give you the adjustment range you need. You don't say what kinda rings you had before so I can't really comment on it but if they were windage adjustable you probably had them well over to one side and now you'll need to do the same with the Signature rings by using the offset inserts which you buy separately. They used to come with the rings but most of the time they aren't needed so they lowered the price and now you buy them only if needed.

If your old rings weren't the windage adjustable kind then my next guess is you didn't get the inserts down into the rings correctly. They are pretty much the ONLY rings I use these days and have been for several years. You can mess up the insertion of the inserts and it will at times throw things out of kilter. You should be able to look tho and see that things just aren't right if that's the case.

One other thought is that maybe you used offset inserts when they weren't needed but if you bought the rings new that shouldn't be the case as they come only with the zero inserts these days.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!