Author Topic: First time out with 22 hornet superlight  (Read 1983 times)

Offline wendell

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: First time out with 22 hornet superlight
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2006, 01:11:58 PM »
If you would like a little more out of that hornet. Rent a K-hornet reamer or have a smith ream it. Most acuracy and reloading problems will be history.

Offline Hunternz

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2006, 09:02:20 PM »
Hi,
I have a rebarreled Vickers Martini .22 Hornet and switching from Win small rifle primers to Win small pistol primers reduced my groups using Win 296 powder 11gr from 1.25" to .75" at 100yds, was warned to check the firing pin strike as the pistol primers are supoosed to be softer and if firing pin strike to hard may pierce the primer but I have had no such worries,
Regards Howard.   

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2006, 01:36:44 AM »
Hunternz, what wieght bullet were you using in your Hornet with the 11 grains of W296 and the small pistol primers? Thanks....<><.... :)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline aulrich

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2006, 06:19:56 AM »
The k-hornet conversion is getting some serious consideration, the more I think about it the more I like it. A 50 gr bullet started @ 2800 with it's better BC adds (on paper anyway) 50 yards of effective range.
The second mouse gets the cheese

Offline Hunternz

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2006, 10:13:45 PM »
Hi MSP,
meant to say Scierra 40gr hollow point, good bullet, used on goats, side on chest shots up to 100 yards with no problems in the killing department, usually no exit and the bullet usually broke up in to 2-3 sections and ripped the heart/lungs apart. Wouldn't shoot anything bigger with it though because of the bullet breaking up.
Regards Howard.     

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2006, 02:43:34 AM »
Thanks for the info and reply buddy, I will have to try that load, although I was hoping it might be a soft point, do you think the SP may stay together a bit better? But then again you cannot argue with results!! Merry Christmas....<><.... :) 
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Hunternz

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2006, 07:37:22 AM »
Don't know, I'm one of the blokes who finds a good load that shoots straight and kills, I stick with it,
Regards Howard.