Author Topic: H&R WISH LIST  (Read 46456 times)

Offline briannmilewis

• Trade Count: (11)
Re: H&R WISH LIST
« Reply #270 on: June 13, 2010, 07:57:30 AM »
How about if they just offer the current calibers with barrels that don't drift of POI after getting a little warm.  Should be able to shoot more than one or two shots in a row without wondering where the next bullet will hit.

We need a barrel that is halfway between the thickness of a bull and a regular, so we could carry all day without building those biceps, and still hold POA for 3-4 rounds in quick succession.

Offline spikehorn

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (84)
« Reply #271 on: June 13, 2010, 08:45:14 AM »
How about if they just offer the current calibers with barrels that don't drift of POI after getting a little warm.  Should be able to shoot more than one or two shots in a row without wondering where the next bullet will hit.

We need a barrel that is halfway between the thickness of a bull and a regular, so we could carry all day without building those biceps, and still hold POA for 3-4 rounds in quick succession.

For some reason this gave me the idea to weigh My 308 ultra varmint and my 30-30 Both guns have pallet wood Monte Carlo stocks with Schnabel fore arms. The 30-30 has a regular contour barrel wears a Simmons 44mag 3X10X50 scope with weaver high quad lock rings and a hammer spur. It weighed 7.6 lbs 
 The 308 has a bull barrel wears a Nikon Pro Staff 3X9X40 with weaver high quad lock rings and a hammer spur. it weighed 8 lbs even. 4 tenths of a pound isn't that much of a difference. A barrel between the two would only save you .2 lbs feasibly.
308 win                 45-70                       12ga         
30-30                    223 stainless steel   20ga TDC
44 mag                  Tracker II 20ga        20ga
45-70 Manlicher     20ga USH                28ga
                                                              410ga

Offline RWK

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #272 on: June 13, 2010, 09:22:09 AM »
8 twist 22-250-- 6mm in a 8 or 9 twist and 26" barrel

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #273 on: June 13, 2010, 10:51:16 AM »
I have no qwallms about the current barrel weight of there barrels. Personally I like the thickness of them. especially in the 26" ones Though It would be nice to see slimer contours on a couple offerings like the old 30-30 barrels had. Especially in the pistol cals...

Offline polaris30144

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #274 on: August 02, 2010, 08:17:10 PM »
I have a factory H&R Ultra chambered in 7x57, shoots where I point it and puts the smack down on deer and bear.

Offline Curt Dawson

• Avid Poster
250 Savage
« Reply #275 on: December 10, 2010, 05:04:25 AM »
A sporter weight 22" barrel in 250 Savage would be nice for Christmas. Or any other time.

Offline 1NEFsofar

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #276 on: December 10, 2010, 06:26:08 AM »
How about a oldy but a goody....7.62x54R.
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.  

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Offline knight0334

• Trade Count: (3)
    • Pennsylvania Firearm Owners
« Reply #277 on: December 10, 2010, 07:53:41 AM »
More rimmed cartridge selection.   I can never find any rimmed guns in the shops.  All I can find are 223, 22-250, 243, 308, 270, and 30-06 crap.  ...keep those cartridge for the guns that they were designed for -repeaters.

I'd love a .327Mag Handi.  Also to be able to find a .357mag/max and a 44mag gun in a gun shop.
RIP ~ Teeny: b.10/27/66 - d.07/03/07

Offline gatersb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #278 on: December 10, 2010, 02:55:46 PM »
cant really make my mind up on the calibers for the list but my wish would be for them to start making the accessory barrels again.  :) 

Offline bcp

• Avid Poster
« Reply #279 on: December 10, 2010, 04:05:45 PM »
H&R custom shop.  Send them an action and a reamer for any of their bore sizes.  They chamber a barrel and send the action, reamer, and fitted barrel back to you.

Bruce

Offline cjrjck

• Trade Count: (70)
  • Contributor
« Reply #280 on: December 10, 2010, 05:39:03 PM »
7-30 Waters for the older receivers.

Offline Tommie D

• Avid Poster
« Reply #281 on: December 10, 2010, 06:00:10 PM »
.17 Bumble Bee & .19 Calhoon

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #282 on: December 10, 2010, 07:24:48 PM »
H&R will never offer chamberings that are handload only, so you can forget wildcats, you can always dream, but those are wishes that will never happen.  :-\

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Tommie D

• Avid Poster
« Reply #283 on: December 10, 2010, 08:37:45 PM »
Well, like my dad always told me: Wish in one hand and .... in the other, and see which one fills up first   ;D

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #284 on: December 10, 2010, 10:45:24 PM »
 My wish list is simple.

I wish a few members here would call me to come and empty their gun rooms so they can start over :D

Lonny

Offline rdlange

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (52)
« Reply #285 on: December 11, 2010, 04:50:17 AM »
A lower profile hammer.

A lighter barrel option.  Maybe fluted barrels in the same contour would do this and keep the stiffness and reduce POI change.

Adjustable trigger, or lighter.

Also a left handed thumbhole from someone.

Custom shop... so I could get one just my way.
Think as if you LIFE depends on it... IT does..!  Be Well...

Offline ssjohnnie

dreaming on a winters day
« Reply #286 on: January 15, 2011, 07:49:43 AM »
I wish H&R would offer a 22lr with your choise of lam. stock with a match grade bull barrel with match chamber and a high polish blue job i like these guns just wish they kick it up a bit wouldn't mine paying more either......just my two cents ;D ;D ;D

Offline RWK

• Contributor
« Reply #287 on: January 15, 2011, 08:36:46 AM »
Make there action a lot stronger, then the other cal. will come.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #288 on: January 15, 2011, 09:37:37 AM »
I LOVE the idea of a custom shop!!!!!  That way ALL of us could get our "Wishes"...  :D ;D

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #289 on: January 15, 2011, 09:43:24 AM »
FWIW, the H&R Marketing and Brand manager that worked as a liaison between myself(us) and H&R/Marlin and later Remington for over 3yrs tried to push the custom shop idea into reality, but the powers to be wouldn't go for it, same for many other great improvements in their product line that have been shared here.  ::)

Tim

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #290 on: January 15, 2011, 10:07:04 AM »
Tim,
 I appreciate that, but I also know all things change. We all know, for companies to stay in business and remain profitable in their product lines. They need to make a product that customers will buy. The better they are at this the more profitable they will become.
With companies like Rossi and now CVA jumping into the "cheap" Single shot market. They NEED to be competitive, resting on their laurels, will leave them at the nursing hind teat. 

IF they listen, and enough of us call for something we want, it will become a reality.

The 327 Mag would be a natural, (My own "want" is a 32-40) but I fear the lack of a .32 cal barrel in their line severely restricts that from happening.

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #291 on: January 15, 2011, 10:28:45 AM »
We can always hope, but the masses are what they listen to, we're a very small entity in that reference. So far they've responded to just two markets, the MS and LA primitive deer hunters and the Indiana pistol chambered rifle deer hunters, all you have to do is browse the 2011 H&R catalog and see what isn't there any more,  not exactly inspiring.  :-\

Tim

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #292 on: January 15, 2011, 10:38:01 AM »
We can always hope, but the masses are what they listen to, we're a very small entity in that reference. So far they've responded to just two markets, the MS and LA primitive deer hunters and the Indiana pistol chambered rifle deer hunters, all you have to do is browse the 2011 H&R catalog and see what isn't there any more,  not exactly inspiring.  :-\

Tim

I'm happy for the primitive hunting boys and caliber chamberings.  ;D  I KNOW you like to see the 35 Rem addition!!!  ;)

:-[ :-[ As for whats been dropped, yea, I noticed.... :'(

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline lee1954

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #293 on: January 15, 2011, 08:47:14 PM »
6.5 Creedmoor,,,    the 300BLK     plus 32 H&R or 32 20

Offline Illhunter

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #294 on: January 16, 2011, 07:45:19 AM »
guess the biggest want for me would be barrels that don't have to be fit just put on and lock up.

Offline Big Blue

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #295 on: January 16, 2011, 07:58:15 AM »
guess the biggest want for me would be barrels that don't have to be fit just put on and lock up.

I'd second that and add a 1911 Commander style low profile hammer, more S.S. offerings, a .375 Win. chambering and that they make an effort to increase production in order to keep up with the demand for the accessory barrel program.
Don

Offline mo.hillbilly

« Reply #296 on: January 18, 2011, 06:40:32 AM »
steel,brass,or stainless triggerguards and forend spacers especialy on bcs. custom shop sounds good. Big bore black powder crtgs are always in demand.

Offline kf4ocv

• Avid Poster
« Reply #297 on: January 18, 2011, 07:13:05 AM »
I will echo the comment on doublesand add over under and side by side in every guage with screw in chokes.   And bring back the 16g. 
Chris

Offline tmccray45

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #298 on: January 18, 2011, 07:18:46 AM »
On my list:

6.5x55 (Except that I wouldn't find out about it being available until 4 minutes after the announcement.   By then, I'd be too late and H&R would be sold out.   So, even if they would offer the 6.5x55, I'm still not going to get one. . .  Man, life ain't fair.)

In the alternative, 260 Remington.

7.62x54R

7.62x39 - I have one that, when I'm feeling down-n-out, I take that to the range.  Because it's scary accurate, it makes the sun come out and the birds begin to sing.
"Work: The New Retirement"

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #299 on: January 19, 2011, 09:12:57 AM »
True barrel interchangeability like T/C.
It would definitely make it easier for people to buy additional barrels.
If they had that I guess I would own more barrels, and probably also more Handi's than I do now!

On barrel calibers, I would definitely like a barrel in 7x57Mauser, and 6.8mm SPC.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.