Author Topic: WEATHER  (Read 319 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
WEATHER
« on: November 15, 2006, 10:57:03 PM »
We had a bit of a blow here in Deer Park yesterday but some of you boys in the S/E had a lot more problems than we.
I hope everybody is ok.
Graybeard, it looked as if this stuff zeroed in on your part. How are things? Did the pond fill? Are you OK?
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: WEATHER
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 01:12:37 AM »
Yup we got some pretty bad stuff here in Bama yesterday. None of the tornados hit close to me but there were several and they did do much damage. Here is some info I pulled from the TV 33/40 website last night about it:

BIG TORNADO OUTBREAK: Storm survey teams from the National Weather Service will be out today reviewing storm damage, and when they complete their work we will know the final tornado count. At this point, we reports of tornado damage near Chatom (Washington County), Elba (Coffee County), Eclectic (Elmore County), Lafayette (Chambers County), Brundidge (Pike County), Mount Andrew (Barbour County), Pintlala (Montgomery County), and in the eastern part of the city of Montgomery (a preliminary total of eight). Two children were injured at the Kids Zone Skate Center (which also functions as a day care) in Montgomery, but those injuries were not life threatening, and the other 29 kids there were not hurt. Serious damage also was reported at the Saddleback Ridge Apartments in Montgomery, near the Skate Center. There were several injuries in the Elba tornado; these were people in mobile homes that were overturned by the high winds. At least eight people were hurt in Mississippi, and one person was killed in Louisiana from the same storm system that swept across the Deep South.

BIG RAIN TOTALS: Some rain totals from Alabama yesterday included 6.50" at Plantersville, 5.65" at Childersburg, 4.42" at Montgomery, 3.80" at Jemison, 3.45" at Ashland, 3.29" in North Auburn, 3.13" at Roanoke, 2.96" at Weiss Lake, 2.55" at Clanton, 2.18" at Riverchase, 1.84" at Helena, 1.62" in downtown Birmingham, 1.61" at Demopolis, and 1.34" at Gadsden. Flooding was extensive for part of the day in the general area from Montgomery to Lafayette. On the Mississippi coast, Gulfport reported a whopping 7.06

I've not yet checked my rain gage but we got a bunch of rain. About 4:00 PM Matt was over and we drove into Jacksonville to go to the bank. At that time water was running into the pond at a pretty brisk rate from the neighbor's side and it appeared the pond had gained maybe 18" since the rain had begun. Last night it came a really hard rain. It would not surprise me at all to see the pond full this morning when daylight breaks. If it's not then it's gonna be darn close to full.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!