Author Topic: OT - To close for comfort  (Read 530 times)

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
OT - To close for comfort
« on: November 16, 2006, 12:15:48 PM »
Don't know if anyone from Ohio caught the news from lima the other night , but things have been crazy around here for the last two days. about 1/4 mile down the road we had a fuel tanker with about 10,000 gal. of gas get t-boned by an SUV , followed close after by one very large exploshion and 2 smaller ones .

The driver of the SUV was killed and 2 others were hurt badly , the road will be closed for weeks to come as the clean up cont. as the fuel has spilled into the storm drains and the local creek .

Everyone with in a 1 mile radius had to evacuate for the night , people do not think about what can happen or how it can change your life , the driver of the SUV was a local Doctor with 8 children , some still very small .

The prayers of our entire comunity are with the family at this very sad time .  :( :( :(
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: OT - To close for comfort
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 01:10:26 PM »
Man, that just goes to show us how fragile our life here on earth is, that accident could have really impacted a lot more lives than it did. I'm certainly glad that the loss of life was at a minimum and that you and yours are safe. Prayers to everyone and specially to Dr Heider's family.

Tim

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061116/NEWS01/61116023
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline safetysheriff

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 02:52:27 PM »
i hate to think of family being dissolved and broken-up by that kind of thing.

it's a tragedy that will scar some of that family for years...........

i know some Very Good people in my neighborhood/area.   i'd hate to think of losing them.   

glad you're safe,

ss'   
Yet a little while and the wicked man shall be no more.   Though you mark his place he will not be there.   Ps. 37.

Offline canon6

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (119)
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 06:50:32 PM »
Prayers for the Dr and his family and the community that will miss him  Doug
a armed man is his own master

Offline Rustyinfla

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 09:41:57 AM »

A similar thing happened near me yesterday. A loaded tanker was southbound on I-75 just south of Tampa, Fla. when a passenger car got tangled up with it and the tanker burst into flames. The interstate was closed for several hours to clean things up.

I drive a tractor trailer and DID drive a tanker for two years. Trust me they can be scary. Past incidents show that approx 95% of all accidents on concrete involve fire when a tanker is involved. I don't miss it a bit.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tuff