Author Topic: Centerfire Barrel on Huntsman?  (Read 275 times)

Offline noleman

• Trade Count: (0)
Centerfire Barrel on Huntsman?
« on: November 18, 2006, 04:52:35 AM »
I have  new SS Huntsman 50 cal muzzleloader, no scope yet.  I have been thinking about getting a center fire rifle barrel after this hunting season.  Does anyone have any experience with sending their gun back to the factory for a new barrel addition?  Also what caliber do most of you select for deer hunting?  I was thinking a 270, but I have been reading up on the 7MM08.  I'm not sure what all calibers they offer.

I guess the other consideration is should I just get another rifle rather than add a single shot barrel on my Huntsman?  Oh well I really like the gun.  I went hunting with it yesterday for the first time.  Opening day of muzzleloader sesaon in NW Florida.  Saw 15 deer, mostly does and 2 spikes.  In my buddy's club they have to be 6 pointers to shoot.  Maybe next time.  I plan on using it all year to deer hunt, since I don't have any kind of high powered rifle. 

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Centerfire Barrel on Huntsman?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 06:15:48 AM »
Unfortunately the Huntsman uses an SB1 frame which H&R won't fit anything but shotgun barrels to. The SB2 rifle frame is built much stronger and is heat treated.

Tim

http://hr1871.com/Support/accessoryProgram.aspx
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain