Poll

Should Cannon Mania be removed from the Cannon resource list?

Yes
2 (8%)
NO
2 (8%)
Add to "do not do Business with" listing
21 (84%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: December 05, 2006, 04:17:25 AM

Author Topic: Cannon Mania Poll  (Read 2831 times)

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Cannon Mania Poll
« on: November 20, 2006, 05:00:22 AM »
There have been a lot of complaints about Cannon Mania and it's poor Customer Service.  Should we keep Cannon Mania on the list?
This poll will run for 14 days and at the  end I will act on the majority decision.

The results will not be visable until the poll is closed

The on going post about Cannon Mania will remain on the board for future reference regardless of the results. Hopefully those who are not familiar with Cannon mania will research before ordering.

If removed from the list what does Cannon Mania have to do to get restored?

Offline Tropico

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • Tropico Beach
Re: Cannon Mania Poll
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 10:30:41 AM »
If removed from the list what does Cannon Mania have to do to get restored?

I think it would be fair to say they should be making good on ALL of their business dealings ., Deliveries .,Refunds..., and build up to as many positive feedbacks to get on the list., as the amount of negative feedbacks its taken to get them removed from the list...,Equal amounts.., fair is fair., yes?

Offline Evil Dog

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 12:35:00 PM »
Evidently I must be one of the lucky ones.... a couple years ago I ordered a worm from them.  As I recall it arrived in less than a week.  That has been my only experience with Cannon Mania.  That being said, I would still have to recommend removal from the listing until he rectifies this.
Evil Dog

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Freedom is a well-armed lamb contesting that vote. - Benjamin Franklin (1759)

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 02:31:07 PM »
I think everyone on the forum who has a problem with C-M needs to be taken care of--funds refunded or paid for merchandise delivered.  Otherwise give them the boot.  No point in causing others to have to endure these practices.

Doesn't seem to be too much to ask for.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline Rickk

• GBO Supporter
    • http://www.lioby.com
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 03:05:35 PM »
I can't see keeping someone who takes money and does not deliver anything or return money on a vendor referral list, so I vote remove cannon-mania from the list.

If he fixes all his bad deals I would say put him back on it.

Rick

Offline EL Caz 66

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
  • Man the guns !!
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 04:18:33 PM »
I vote : Remove from the Venders listing enough said... >:(

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 01:57:55 AM »
To simply not list C-M would be doing a DISservice to folks that find out about them using a search engine.

They NEED to be listed, BUT under DISREPUTABLE vendors with links to these discussions.

Please use this to interpret my vote.
Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline Michael Az

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 04:02:17 AM »
I've held off my vote until Cats suggestion is considered. Good idea Cat.
Michael

Offline Double D

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 04:19:00 AM »
Vote count has been reset to zero and a new option has been added, please revote.

Offline civilcannon

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 06:19:34 AM »
I like the DISREPTUTABLE " do not do business with option. since I am out a little over $700.00: At Double D"S suggestion I did find the web site for Consumer complaints State of Conneciticut Department of Consumer Protection . This site has a complaint form that I am filling out to submit to the state and cc a copy to Mr David Ross at Cannon Mania. I would hope that everyone else that got "poor or no service" do the same. 

Offline Santa Dave

• RBS
  • GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2006, 08:03:33 AM »
I agree with CW. but--- I think we should carefully word the "Anti" listing so that it says something like "we have recieved multiple reports of Bad or no service from members,, let the buyer beware!"
Santa Dave
Wear Something RED on fridayTo show YOUR support for our troops! Even if YOU don't support the war!

Offline Cpt Ed

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2006, 10:47:54 AM »
Allow him to stay on the listing, but add this warning:

“Doing business with this vendor is at your own risk”
Always think safety...be a More Complete Cannoneer.

"I HATE SMALL TOWNS BECAUSE ONCE YOU'VE SEEN THE CANNON IN THE PARK, THERE'S NOTHING ELSE TO DO."

Offline GGaskill

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2006, 01:24:55 PM »
“Doing business with this vendor is at your own risk”

Unfortunately, this is true of all vendors.  In C-M's cases, it should be made apparent that the risk is much higher than with others.

As long as his entry is linked to the several threads that discuss C-M's lack of performance, the potential customer has the opportunity to find out more about them before risking his money.  It is up to the potential customer to evaluate the information available and make his own decision.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline civilcannon

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2006, 05:22:29 PM »
In case you want to send a message to the State of Connecticut, Attorney General's Office, about the business practices of Cannon Mania, Here is the Home Page address   

http://www.ct.gov/dcp/cwp/view.asp?a=1629&q=274414

Wen you arive at the home page click on complaints at the left side of this screen then scroll down to DCP Complaint form,  I went with Form   CPFR-2 rev8/06

Thanks civilcannon

Offline reddog

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2006, 12:03:27 PM »
 Hi all. I opened this can of worms. I asked A simple question, I had no clue it would get this much responce. Dont really know how to vote on this one. I dont like to talk bad about anyone, but if you cant provide the service you advertise, somthing  aint right. I would say leave the cannon-mania listing with the warning. Reddog.
"Catch A cannonball, now take me down the line. My bag is sinkin' low and I do believe it's time."

Offline EL Caz 66

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
  • Man the guns !!
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2006, 01:23:06 PM »
I must say that the people on this board are good spirited and are kind people. It's not say that I'm mean spirited, But I quess it must be that I've been a New yorker all my life ( Dog eat dog attiudes rain in order to survive). The first time a thing goes wrong its on us... The next time things don't go the way it should,an someone takes advantage you or a situation, the person or the persons in question are on their  own...  The web page as a tool will draw you in due it's nice products listed ... No matter what kind of warnings that are post here , It's in peoples nature take a chance due whats luring them in... I believe to leave the threads of complaints  they should stay and the link to C.M. web site should be{Banished from our venders listing}  without return... From my experience dealing several others vender here I never had any issues as to the ones experienced with Daid Ross at C.M. Just DELETE!!!!

Ed

Offline Tropico

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
    • Tropico Beach
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2006, 07:30:08 PM »
EL Cazador 66 says it like it is., I couldnt agree more.., even if David Ross got equal good feedback ., he would only be batting at 50% .  Thats not good enough when your betting on 50 bux or thousands of bux on expensive cannon items.. I wouldnt bet on a 50 percentor would any of you?

Offline claypipe

• Http://www.handgonne.com
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2006, 01:59:55 AM »
To simply not list C-M would be doing a DISservice to folks that find out about them using a search engine.

They NEED to be listed, BUT under DISREPUTABLE vendors with links to these discussions.

Please use this to interpret my vote.

Ahhhh, I hate to be the one to point this out. But you are looking at the deep and murky waters of legal litagation with that idea.

You could find yourself and the forum named in a libel / slander lawsuit.

They could argue that because of what has been posted here that they have lost business due to this. And just because its done on the internet, you are not free from such litagation.

You will argue that you are looking to protect people, they will argue loss of business and suppliers.

And whether you win or lose, you will definitely be paying lawyer$ bill$.

CP

Offline Double D

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2006, 03:02:05 AM »
Any one can sue any one for what ever they want.

Slander is spoken word, libel is written..

Post a list of DISREPUTABLE dealers and it probably would get you sued, but that ain't going to happen here.  The business will not be catagorized in a defamatory manner.

The only thing getting posted here is personal experience. 

By the way there was a court decision earlier this week that a forum could not be held libel for what a private individual posted on the forum. The court desicison also mentioned that a lot of what is posted could fall under protected speech.

Keep in mind for a statement to libel it must false. To report personal experience with placing orders and not receiving merchandise and report subsequent actions and responses again as long as it is true would not be libel. 

Any business such as this that has this many public compalints probably has a lot more complaints that are not publicly known. They would have a tough time arging that the posts on this board  caused loss of business and not their own action. Particularly when they are neither delivering merchandise or refunding money.  The last place a company like that wants to be is in court.

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2006, 12:22:05 PM »
Ebay lists the ratings of each participant - positive - neutral - and bad. (As does THIS board for transactions on this board).

I do agree with DD in not flaming - but referring to participants' personal experiences.

Cat Whisperer
U.S.Army Retired

Offline Double D

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 07:55:19 AM »
BTT

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2006, 02:35:30 AM »
Cat Whisperer
U.S.Army Retired

Offline Double D

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2006, 03:16:24 AM »
BTT Bring To Top...I didn't sticky this post to the top of the forum as I didn't want it to get lost in the cluter. By letting it float it move and around is more noticeable and by  BTT it also pops up on non GBOBPM&CM's hit list of new posts since last vist list.

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2006, 11:40:32 AM »
I've had zero dealings with C/M but I have to agree with Cat's suggestion and that's how I voted. If the store is just removed from the list, what good is it going to do anybody? It is because of this forum that I now have knowledge of Cannon Mania's sometimes less than stellar business practices.
I'd been thinking of buying a kit of a brass replica of one of the Constitution's  24 pounders with an 11'' barrel that C/M offers for sale. I've now put this plan on hold because of the comments made by other members of the forum concerning their dealings with this store. Because of this information, I'm going to make a thorough search of the net to try and find another store that carries this kit. Even if I can't find one and decide to buy through C/M at least I've been forewarned of the risks. Right now I wouldn't do anything with this guy unless I had an advance confirmation that he had the item in stock and would ship as soon as he cleared my check. I for one, would rather be informed about a situation, than uninformed about it. It's because of other members inputs that I'm aware of problems with this outlet and I appreciate this fact.
As for a libel suit, I think Double D has to be right. Im no lawyer but a simple straightforward factual statement describing the various problems X number of members have had with this seller concerning non-delivery, extended delivery times, refunds requested but not received and less than satisfactory communications doesn't impress me as being libelous.
John       
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline Cpt Ed

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2006, 02:18:43 PM »
I vote to keep C-M on the listing, but maintain the Warning you now have in place.

"WARNING click here before ordering from this company"
Always think safety...be a More Complete Cannoneer.

"I HATE SMALL TOWNS BECAUSE ONCE YOU'VE SEEN THE CANNON IN THE PARK, THERE'S NOTHING ELSE TO DO."

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2006, 12:16:34 AM »
I vote to keep C-M on the listing, but maintain the Warning you now have in place.

"WARNING click here before ordering from this company"

I like the RED.

Cat Whisperer
U.S.Army Retired

Offline civilcannon

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2006, 03:40:44 AM »
Can we assume that the feedback from this poll , will be passed on to Mr. Ross at C.M. ?

Offline Rickk

• GBO Supporter
    • http://www.lioby.com
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2006, 06:39:33 AM »
He already knows that he didn't ship the cannon ball mould that I ordered 11 months ago and he already knows that he didn't return my money when I asked him to.

Offline CU_Cannon

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2006, 12:58:45 PM »
What about keeping Cannon Mania on the list but removing the link to his site.  Instead add a link to the complaint thread and a warring about their business practices.  If anyone really wants to do business thought them it is easy enough to find but it sends the message that the board does not support their business practices.

Offline Double D

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2006, 04:20:35 PM »
What about keeping Cannon Mania on the list but removing the link to his site.  Instead add a link to the complaint thread and a warring about their business practices.  If anyone really wants to do business thought them it is easy enough to find but it sends the message that the board does not support their business practices.

Now there's an idea I like! What about the rest of you?