Author Topic: Questor venting about some really bad news  (Read 448 times)

Offline Questor

• Trade Count: (0)
Questor venting about some really bad news
« on: November 20, 2006, 05:13:43 PM »
My buddy is selling all of his guns except a few he "will really use". The guy has a house full of guns, so this is a big deal. He has always said it took him so long to acquire them that he'd never sell them.

He's worried about his health. And he's dwelling on how his father's last years were lived with diabetes and parkinsons disease.

This is a bad sign.
Safety first

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: Questor venting about some really bad news
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 01:28:05 AM »
My buddy is selling all of his guns except a few he "will really use". The guy has a house full of guns, so this is a big deal. He has always said it took him so long to acquire them that he'd never sell them.

He's worried about his health. And he's dwelling on how his father's last years were lived with diabetes and parkinsons disease.

This is a bad sign.

Questor, that could very well be a bad sign. It may be nothing but him deciding to clean closets but I get the feeling you are concerned that it may be more than that. He may be suffering from depression.  Has he or is he about to reach a milestone B-day?  Is he in relatively good health now?  Did his father pass at the age he is now?  Any problems going on at home or work?  Try to talk to him to see what has spurred this sudden change in attitude.  Depression can be very serious.  Let your friend know that there are people who care about him and are concerned. If you suspect depression urge him to seek treatment. 
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 01:58:41 PM »
Stick close without being pushy. Give him a chance to vent.
Be a friend.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline pills

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 07:22:29 PM »
You are right to be concerned. He has some serious warning signs.

When I do counseling I make people look me in the eye and promise that before they do anything to harm themselves they will call me. That is the only "fee" I charge.

My father has both Parkinsons and diabetes. With proper diet and medical treatment he is actually doin better than he was when he was diagnosed almost 15 years ago.

bE bLESSED
...You do not open your mouth without all the facts period...

Matt

Remember this, my dear brothers and sisters: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and should not get angry easily. James 1:19